Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

What is the double cleaning technic

How dose the double cleaning method help improve my skin

Re: What is the double cleaning technic

To reiterate what @RGbrown said below, @Anonymous, with double cleansing, you're using one oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen and one water-based cleanser to clean your skin.

The oil-based cleanser can be in oil or balm form and there are some who prefer to use micellar water instead. You apply the oil to dry skin and massage it into your face for a minute or two to loosen up all the sunscreen and makeup residue. Then rinse with water. After you've rinsed completely, apply your water-based cleanser and massage that into your skin before rinsing again.

Wipes are ok once in a while, but they don't normally remove all of your makeup/sunscreen residue and aren't the best for your skin. 

Using the double cleansing method can help keep your pores clean and cut down on clogs and breakouts. 

@luna345 you double cleanse to make sure all the makeup and stuff that doesn’t come off the first time is completely wiped away. I like using Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

then go in with makeup remover like Bioderma Sensibio and makeup wipes. 

RE: What is the double cleaning technic

Hi!! If you are looking for a good cleansing balm for double cleansing, I would recommend the Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup Melting Butter Cleanser!!

@Anonymous 

Double cleansing is a great way to make sure you've got every last bit of makeup off, and that your skin is as clean as it needs to be. It's not necessary if you aren't wearing sunscreen or makeup, but since everyone should be wearing sunscreen, it's a good habit to get into.

The first step is usually an oil or balm cleanser (you could also use a micellar water or makeup wipe, but I really feel like oils and balms do a better job...oil attracts oil, and these really help get more off). This removes your makeup/sunscreen. 

The second step is a typical facial cleanser to remove any leftover residue and actually clean the skin. Gentler is better here, you aren't looking to strip your skin or dry it out, just gently cleanse so that you are ready to move onto the rest of your skincare routine. 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing