Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Under Eye Help!

SOS, I’ve tried everything. I’m 25 with horrible dark circles. Dark circles run in my family, and so my under eyes are always a mess. I have a strong skin care background and have had a routine for a solid 6 years now so I know what do/not to do. I hydrate my under eyes but they still a hot mess when it comes to concealing (dark circles, creasing, dryness) Currently I use: Olehenrisken Banana Bright Cream/ Shiseido Wrinkle24 for eye cream I prime with Ren Perfect Canvas Dior Forever/MUF Velvet/ Estée Lauder 24 foundation Bobbi Brown Color corrector Nars concealer I’ve tried every possible combo to get my under eyes to look somewhat decent. I know, you have to “set your under eyes” but I legit look 90 when I do. I hydrate my eyes, not too much, and as soon I put make up on, they crease and look so dry. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Ive even tried different brands of products, but the ones I’m currently using seem to be the “best”. I’ve even tried not putting any foundation below my eyes and just start with primer than color corrector. Sometimes, I don’t even use color corrector because the “older look” and that doesn’t help either. At best, my eyes look like the photo I posted. Any recommendations? I need your help make up/skincare gurus! Thank you! -J

Re: Under Eye Help!

Story of my life @jmpian! I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING. Hereditary dark circles and fine lines are my biggest concern. After so, so, soooo many products, this routine is what works for me:

After cleansing: NIOD fractionated eye contour serum. This helps brighten the darkness

KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mLThis is a HOLY GRAIL for fine lines. It truly plumps your skin and helps prevent creasing. I absolutely cannot live without this. 

Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mLover Noni. This helps brighten further and lock in moisture. 

This is when I start my makeup routine. I always do my skin first. Right before concealer, I apply Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight. This has pigment and will help cover the dark circles. 

I then conceal with Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beige. It’s just the best concealer I’ve come across. It’s so pigmented so I only need a couple dots. This helps from having a thick layer of concealer that can sink into those fine lines. 

Lastly, to set, I use Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Lightwith a damp sponge. This beautiful powder has light reflecting magic that brings out under eyes forward and keeps them looking bright. 

I know now it’s a lot of product and a ton of steps. I’ve never been so happy with my undereyes. Out of everything, the Noni oil is my favorite. It just really works little miracles. ❤️

RE: Re: Under Eye Help!

yes thank you! i’m deff going to try the born this way concealer & the tatcha pearl then! thank you so much!

@jmpian I also have genetic dark circles. Really only so much that can be done 😞 Ultimately the only thing that has ever made any difference for me is the 

KORRES - Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Super Eye Serum. I haven’t tried the Algenist one that was suggested though 

also - I love Nars as a brand but their creamy concealer isn’t really enough coverage for someone like me. I really like the new Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Natural Beige

thank you so much! it’s a tough life for us dark circle gals haha

@jmpian I struggle with dark circles too and the only eye cream that I've ever felt did anything for me is the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. I've tried a few other brands and they were ok but nothing life changing. I've been using the Tatcha Pearl and that is like a brightening color corrector that if my eyes were less dark I could probably skip concealer. I don't find it incredibly hydrating but it's not drying at all and my concealer sits well on top of it. I tend to not set my undereye unless it's a really creamy concealer because when I do I feel like it makes it look drier.I use shape tape and though it is a little drying by the end of the day, this is the only concealer that I've felt actually does the trick and it barely creases even if you don't set it. I don't use primer or foundation under my eyes. I've used the Bobbi Brown and Smashbox correctors and less is definitely more with those since they have a drier texture. What concealer do you use? Nars Radiant Creamy concealer or the Soft Matte? 

i’ll have to try that eye cream! i was thinking about kiehls avocado eye cream too! I use the Nars creamy concealer. I just feel like no matter what I do, my eyes look dry and dark still!

Re: RE: Re: Under Eye Help!

@jmpian I've tried the Nars RCC before and it never completely covered my dark circles either. Try shape tape (it's at ulta and macys I think)-  the trick with that one is to not set it or set it very lightly, I don't find that it creases too much and I barely need any color correcting. Also, get a sample of the tatcha pearl, you might like it under your concealer better than the Bobbi Brown.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Under Eye Help!

okay thank you so much!! i was going to get tape shape, but i heard it’s soooo thick and i was nervous about it. i think i’m going to go to ulta and see if i can try it out! maybe use some of my Farsali gold elixir with it if it’s too drying-ish!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Under Eye Help!

@jmpian You definitely don't need as much as you see YTers use. I've been wanting to try the TF Born this Way that @Kim888 recommended so give that a shot too, I've heard good things. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
testing