Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Trying to up my skincare ante

I have a quick questions and I was  hoping I can get Some feedback! I am trying to up my skincare routine now that I am getting older. I have oily skin and am prone to blackheads. When shopping Kiehl’s Calendula wash and toner was recommended to me, and I was loving it at first but after about 5 months, it’s feeling... bleh? What are everyone’s thoughts about Kiehls? Also, I need a solid exfoliate that’s not to rough- any suggestions? Same with a night cream/ eye cream! I do wear false lashes so something that isn’t oiled based is helpful.. Thanks for your help!! 

Re: Trying to up my skincare ante

@Halesk I have a friend who adores Kiehl's, but whenever I've read a review of their products on beautypedia I'm underwhelmed.  She even bought me a Kiehl's set, and I must admit I didn't fell comfortable trying it.  I looked up the products you mentioned out of curiosity:

Spoiler

Here's the review for the Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 ml (1/5 stars):

Spoiler

If you are looking for an chemical exfoliant, BHA is great for oily skin and blackheads.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  Theirs is the best!  It comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  I started with the 2% and then moved onto the BHA 9 which I love.  As for an eye cream, I rec looking on beautypedia's "best of" list for eye creams and finding one in your ideal price.  You can also consider if you want one with retinol or not.

Good luck!

Re: Trying to up my skincare ante

The Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml is a fave of a lot of people. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a new cleanser.

For exfoliation, have you considered using chemical exfoliation rather than physical? There's a lot of great ones available. If youre looking for a cheap one that could be used daily (although recommend starting off once or twice a week and building up) are the The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL. On the high end would be something like Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml or DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum. The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g has the feel of a physical exfoliant but is a chemical one that could be used daily. A gentle physical exfoliator is the PHILOSOPHY - The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash.

For eye creams, a lot of people like the OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème, ORIGINS - GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff, SHISEIDO - Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream.

Some potential night moisturizers/oils/sleeping masks are the FRESH - Lotus Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer , Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml, LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask, SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask.

Good luck, @Halesk 

RE: Trying to up my skincare ante

Tarts knockout tingle toner is going to have a good exfoliating power! Biossance makes great night creams
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing