Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tone me up

Dumb question but how do you know if you have warm tones or cool tones or neutral tones? I donโ€™t know how Iโ€™m supposed to determine if I do ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: Tone me up

Hi,

Supposedly, the color of your veins inside your wrists should help. If they appear blue or blue-ish, you are most likely cool-toned. If green, you are most likely warm-toned. I'm not sure it helps because sometimes it's very hard to discriminate. And it can be a bit misleading also. 
I got color-matched at Sephora with their little device. If you can go to a store, maybe you could do that? Then ask for the code the device assigned to you and the meaning of it. Mine is 1Y07 for example, and it means that I have yellow undertones but at pretty low levels, which makes me rather neutral for complexion-related products. The "veins tip" does not work in my case. They are pretty blue, and I am naturally cool-toned, but I have been living in a sunny place for 5 years and I have developed a minimal but constant tan on my face. It drastically changed the shade of foundation I should use.
Another thing: if you put a cool-toned product on your face and it pulls off grey-ish, you are probably arm-toned. Warm-toned product will pull off very orange if you are cool-toned. 
No idea if this very long answer at least help a bit...

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing