Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The Ordinary Nighttime routine

hey guys I'm new here! I have acne scars and hyperpigmentation , and have recently started using The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid Toning Solution followed by Niacinamide + Zinc is that a good combination? I've seen a little improvement but I don't know if I'm on the right track any help is appreciated!

Re: The Ordinary Nighttime routine

I love The Ordinary! I use the AM regimen suggested on their website for pigmentation issues: 

AM
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%

It's only the morning serums and moisturizers, but I saw a huge difference in two weeks. My skin was bright and glowing. I stopped wearing makeup everyday. 

Thanks @LaceyCorduroy I'll check them out!

If you're not liking the results, try using the The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL on the backend instead of the Glycolic toner on the front-end of the routine.  Or if your skin is up for it, try both.  

I'm currently using The INKEY List Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and then retinol and a glycolic/lactic acid serum.  Yeah, I like to burn my skin off. 🙂 But it's definitely not for everyone and it's something only few ever want to work up to.

Honestly, I'm not seeing much from any of the acid toners.  I've gone through an entire bottle of OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL and didn't see any results.  I might try the YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner.

Thank you !
I am definitely seeing an improvement with The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL ! However, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL doesn't seem to be helping me #

haha! I am afraid to try retinol and glycolic/lactic acid serum together! 

Do you know about some face masks that might help improve with dryness?

RE: Re: The Ordinary Nighttime routine

@Prathiksha I am also a fan of the ordinary’s lactic acid treatment, it has made a huge difference in my acne scars over time. However I use it by itself and only a few times a week because of how dry it can make my skin! Be sure to use a gentle cleanser beforehand, nothing harsh. When I use the lactic acid treatment I follow up with Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream as my moisturizer and it works great to replenish my skin. I do wait about 10-15 minutes after putting the lactic acid on my face to use the moisturizer so the serum can be absorbed fully.

Re: RE: Re: The Ordinary Nighttime routine

Thanks @sparkles0913 ! My skin is getting a little dry too

Thanks for the tip about the cleanser, i think my current one is too harsh!

Masks, while fun, seem to only give temporary results (because you use them 2-3 times a week).  I'd say look into a "sleeping mask" that you can use daily.  Or a super creamy moisturizer you use nightly.  Currently I'm loving the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Stress Rescue Super Serum with Niacinamideand the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Stress Repair Face Cream with Niacinamide.  

If you really want a mask, I'm currently loving the GLAMGLOW - BERRYGLOW™  Probiotic Recovery Face Maskand the fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL.  While the GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Maskdoesn't seem to be 'creamy' and dries down to an occlusive film, I find I wake up with baby soft skin anyway. 

hey  @TennisTony !

I'll check out the  GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask. I hope it dries down completely because I toss and turn a lot! 

It does! Then the gel gets flakey/gummy by morning - but I've never had any transfer after it fully dries.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing