Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Re: Textured Skin

@lexmcneil  I recommend you stop tanning, since UV rays can cause a lot of skin damage—including excessive skin texture. It’s safer to use a self-tanner. Also, be sure to use a broad spectrum sunscreen that’s at least SPF 30. There’s no point using anything to reduce skin texture if you don’t also stop the sun from worsening that texture. 

If you can see a dermatologist, I also recommend doing that. A derm can find out if there’s a deeper root cause of your skin texture. Lots of things can cause it: UV damage, contact dermatitis (could be from your hair products, or perhaps something you use on your hands if you frequently touch the sides of your face; my facial skin hates lavender, for instance, and whenever I use a lavender hand cream and rest my face on my hands, I get a bumpy bad reaction), acne, yeast overgrowth/infection, rosacea, etc. None of us here on BIC can say exactly which of those is happening with your skin, but a dermatologist can. 

Retinoids (the vitamin A family: retinol, retinaldehyde, tretinoin, adapalene, etc.) can help with skin texture, though a derm might advise you try something else depending on what’s causing your issue. Niacinamide can also help with texture. AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids: glycolic, lactic, mandelic) can as well, depending on the root cause of your issue. If you use any AHA exfoliant, then you absolutely must use sunscreen whenever your skin’s exposed to daylight; AHAs will make your skin more sun-sensitive. Eh, we should all use sunscreen during daylight exposure anyway, all year long, regardless of weather or season. 

I wish I could give you better advice but my texture was improved with tretinoin 😭😭😭

Since you have oily skin, maybe you’d like the innisfree Super Volcanic AHA Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz / 100 ml ? The clay could help with oil, and the BHA might help with the texture potentially?

I do feel like a retinoid or retinol would be the most effective though 💔

Products to try for congested pores. RETINOL. It solves everything. You can start out using a lower but KIEHL’S has a great one and so does Paula’s choice .

@lexmcneil  Have you tried anything yet? What are you currently using? I really like #SEPHORA COLLECTION Gentle Exfoliating Peeling Serum with Niacinamide + Lactic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL  it may be a great place to start. 

Currently I just switched to only face wash, I switch between kate sommerville acne face wash with sulfur and the la roche posay, and a moisturizer from naturium with niacinamide, its been the only moisturizer ive found that doesnt make my skin dry but keeps the oil away!

I've tried retinol and salicylic acid and I feel like they work temporarily or not enough!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing