Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha or Fresh essence

I'm currently using the fresh black tea essence but I keep seeing great reviews on the Tatcha essence. Has anyone used both? I want to know how they compare or what is the main difference between the two? Thank you!

Re: Tatcha or Fresh essence

I use the Tatcha essence and I highly recommend it.  I was doubtful about it but I really see a huge increase in moisture on my skin.  It really works and now I'm on my 3rd bottle.  I just wish they would make a small size for travel.  Give it a try, I think you will love it.  It's expensive but it does last a long time!

While it's unfortunately not available through Sephora, T...

While it's unfortunately not available through Sephora, Tatcha does make a travel size of the Essence that is available on their website. Hope this helps. 😀

Tatcha or Fresh essence

I've incorpirated the Fresh Black Tea Essence in the routine the last month and my skin has been feeling so soft! Personally, I think its more hydrating than the Tatcha.

I personally like using both! I use Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mLat night to really help my night serums absorb well and I use FRESH - Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence in the morning to give me some moisture and to help my vitamin C serum absorb.

@rxmajors I bought the Fresh Black Tea Essence at the VIB sale and it is my first one! I decided on it over the Tatcha based off of price mostly because I was buying a bunch of new stuff but I’ve definitely considered using one at night in the future!

I’m actually really glad you brought this up about your AM routine with vitamin C serum because I’ve been trying to figure out the steps. Do you use a ph toner first? I’ve heard of some people not using an essence before vitamin C too... the new toner I bought is the Caudalie Moisturizing toner which I’ve used before the Vit C and not sure if I should incorporate my Fresh Essence..?

Thank you. That's a great idea!

Thank you. That's a great idea!

I have tried both and didn't really like the Fresh essence.  I don't like the way the Fresh essence feels on my face.  It's more of a thicker consistency and you have to rub/pat it into the skin.  With the Tatcha and even Caudalie essence it's more watery and so it absorbs in to the skin quicker with less effort.

Thank you. I might get a sample of them tatcha to compare...

Thank you. I might get a sample of them tatcha to compare. I didn't know the tatcha was a lighter consistency.

Re: Thank you. I might get a sample of them tatcha to compare...

The Tatcha is very light and make sure when you get a sample you ask for 2 little samples and make sure they don't overfill them and click them shut really well.  The first time the samples I got were overfilled and they opened in the bag.  Thankfully the Anaheim Sephora is super nice and they gave me new samples the next day.  After trying it for a week I knew I found a holy grail item.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing