Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tatcha Sunscreen, Discontinued?!

I've been using and recommending the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL to everyone under the sun for years. I am now seeing for the last couple of months this item is sold out everywhere... does this mean this sunscreen has been discontinued similarly to the pearl under eye concealer? Does anyone know anything about this and can confirm/deny?

Re: Tatcha Sunscreen, Discontinued?!

It’s officially back on the Sephora site! Thank goodness, just got the email. @redhead1256 @newcarlee @lnum 

07DA3F91-2188-4534-B4BF-FD4E8A54A4D7.png

@QueenMarceline They just announced a new sunscreen. I posted it on the 2022 new releases thread.

@SportyGirly125 Thank you 🙂 I'll check out the thread.

Thank goodness for the new sunscreen. Glad Tatcha came through! 😊

@SportyGirly125 Oh no so maybe this one is discontinued. 😩

@lnum It's still available to purchase.  So maybe they will have 2 to choose from now.

@QueenMarceline Just saw that this is in stock again at Tatcha direct. 

@lnum Thank you so much! 🙂

@QueenMarceline I received an email from Tatcha direct in mid-November that alluded to the sunscreen being unavailable due to supply chain issues. I would reach out to Tatcha to find out if that is what is still causing a delay in availability or if it’s discontinued. 

@lnum Thank you so much for that information 🙂  I will reach out.

@redhead1256  - do you mean it’s confirmed that Tatcha has indeed discontinued their sunscreen? where does one go to find out that products are being discontinued? 

@QueenMarceline - where did you hear or read that they are discontinuing the Pearl eye cream? 

@newcarlee This is the email I received from Tatcha.

"Thank you so much for reaching out to us at TATCHA! We are honored to care for your skin!

This Pearl is no longer available on ​Tatcha.com. It always makes us sad when we have to retire a formula but we have discontinued this item because a key ingredient is no longer available.​ Our scientists are always working to create new and advanced formulas that we hope to share with you soon!

Regarding our sunscreen, we are trying our best to bring this beautiful treasure back to our collection as soon as possible. If you have not already done so, please sign up for the waitlist located on the product page and we will get in touch with you as soon as we learn an estimated date of arrival.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist you, with please do not hesitate to reach out.​​​​​​"

@newcarlee It's been OOS for ages, I contacted a sephora rep a couple days ago and was told that it has been discontinued. There's some information about the pearl being discontinued online. The two darker colors are still available elsewhere.

@newcarlee  @QueenMarceline  @redhead1256 

To find out for certain about discontinuations, you can contact the brand directly. That’s what I do when I’m not sure a product’s been permanently discontinued or might be relaunching as a reformulation. Some brands are more straightforward with replies than others. 

Tatacha sunscreen no more bummer

@redhead1256 Hello, I heard back from Tatcha 🙂 this is the email I got.

"Thank you so much for reaching out to us at TATCHA! We are honored to care for your skin!

This Pearl is no longer available on ​Tatcha.com. It always makes us sad when we have to retire a formula but we have discontinued this item because a key ingredient is no longer available.​ Our scientists are always working to create new and advanced formulas that we hope to share with you soon!

Regarding our sunscreen, we are trying our best to bring this beautiful treasure back to our collection as soon as possible. If you have not already done so, please sign up for the waitlist located on the product page and we will get in touch with you as soon as we learn an estimated date of arrival.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist you, with please do not hesitate to reach out.​​​​​​"

Where do you go to find out for certain if a certain product is no more

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 43 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 07DA3F91-2188-4534-B4BF-FD4E8A54A4D7.png
testing