Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen for troubled skin

I have fair, slightly oily skin, very sensitive pimple prone skin. Can anyone recommend a sunscreen for daily use, sometimes under foundation? BTW: I'm over 60.

Re: Sunscreen for troubled skin

@jewelgal I highly recommend Supergoop! Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 

RE: Sunscreen for troubled skin

Try supergoop! I love their glow screen, super lightweight, doesn’t clogs pores or break you out! I’ve worn it all day golfing or laying in the sun! Or if you don’t want anything with a tint use their unseen screen!

@jewelgal 

I have oily and acne prone skin too.  My holy grail sunscreen is the Japanese Kose Suncut Sunscreen!  I use the one in the hard yellow bottle.  It's waterproof, has SPF 50+, UV protection and PA++++!  It's a gel so it doesn't leave any streaks.

Sunscreen for troubled skin

You might have better luck with a mineral only sunscreen, as chemical sunscreens can be harsh. Dr. Jart's Every SunDay Mineral Sunscreen is very gentle and uses only zinc, which actually helps control oiliness and strengthens skin, but there are others. The only downside to zinc tends to be the paleness of it, but as your skin is fair, that shouldn't be a problem.

I’ve had the best luck with Bare Minerals complexion rescue tinted moisturizer - it’s 30SPF.   I’ve got terrible menopausal acne and really sensitive skin and my skin has actually improved since I started using this. 

try the supergoop unseen sunscreen. It works well under makeup and does not break me out

Agreed! Supergoop is my go to! @krishhh
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing