Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen Help

Spoiler

Hey Everyone!

I am looking for a sunscreen that’s lightweight - preferably oil-free & for sensitive skin. I love the Supergoop! Invisible SPF 40 but it burns my eyes after a couple hours of wear. Something similar but without the burn would be great. 

I’ve also tried Shiseido Oil-Free SPF 42, and Drunk Elephant tinted sunscreen.

Any recommendations??? Thanks in advance 

Re: Sunscreen Help

I would go for a tinted mineral sunscreen since they don't burn your eyes like chemical sunscreens. I have sensitive skin and am break-out prone, so I am really picky about sunscreen. The only con is mineral sunscreens typically have a white cast so go with tinted. Recent studies also point to tinted sunscreens offering more protection than untinted sunscreens.

My daily use sunscreen is Australian Gold botanical tinted sunscreen which has a mousse-like texture and blends well. It is also matte, which I prefer for daily use. I also get a lot of product for the price. However, I am pale with neutral and rosy undertones, so it can occasionally make me a tiny bit orange if I am on my 4th or 5th application. They have three different colors for the product, which hopefully they'll increase in the future. But overall, this is a reliable sunscreen. I have worn it at Disney, the beach, boating, etc., and have not had a burn on my face in two years (I am prone to burns because I use acids and retinol). 

I also like the Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Face Sheild Flex. This one is more of a natural finish (not matte or glowy) and has a serum-like texture. It has no strange undertone. The sunscreen comes out white and then will change color as blended. I believe they have four different shades for this product. 

These two are relatively comparable as they have tint, are oil-free, and lack fragrance. The primary difference is the price point.

I do like SuperGoop's Sheer Screen but it's not my favorite mineral-based sunscreen. 

that’s super helpful - thank you so much. I’ll be trying these as well

I recently have been using Lancôme UV Expert Defense SPF 50+ Primer & Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL and have been loving it! I don't remember much about putting it around my eyes though, but I definitely know what you mean about the stinging.

@Quinton97  Paulas Choice Resist SPF 50 feels very lightweight and it is oil free.

Thank you! I’ll try that out 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing