Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Peeling?

hi all, I’ve recently began using the Sunday Riley Luna oil. I started it about 5 days ago, first day, I used it combined with good genes and ice ceramide moisturizer and woke up with super soft skin, with the exception of one dry patch that always comes and goes around my mouth, in the morning, I followed with vitamin c serum. Next few days, I used Luna nightly, good genes every other day, and vitamin c serum in the morning. My face has felt really tight and my skin is peeling! All over peeling now instead of just the tiny patch I’ve been dealing with before using all these products. Is this normal? Should I stop using Sunday Riley? 

Tags:

Re: Sunday Riley Peeling?

If this is the first retinol and acid treatment you're using, then your skin might not have built up a tolerance to it. I'd stop using most of your actives for now (Lina and Good Genes) and stick to the basics for a week or two (gentle milky cleanser, vitamin c, ceramides, and SPF; at night just gentle cleanse and ceramide moisturizer). When your skin is back to normal, you can reintroduce Luna and Good Gene's back, each once a week on different days. From there you can start to build up your tolerance.

It might also be worth trying to talk to a derm,  if you can, even digitally. Good luck, @Angbui!!

Re: Sunday Riley Peeling?

Thank you for the reply! I’m going to stop using the Luna oil and good genes until the peeling stops. I was horrified when I woke up and my face looked like a snake! Lol

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing