Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

I am new to complex skincare.  I was pretty basic (cleanser and cream) up until recently when I stumbled upon Sunday Riley.  I am using Ceramic Slip, CEO serum, Tidal in the morning.  Ceramic Slip, Luna, CEO serum, Tidal in the evening.  I was trying to use the Good Genes in the morning after the CEO serum. I worked up to it, every few days, then every day.  However, by mid afternoon my face would feel tight and hot.  It was not comfy.  Am I too sensitive?  I was using 2 pumps.  Should I use less?  Should I stick to the mask option, more pumps but wash off after 20-30 minutes? For the mask option you mix with Ceramic Slip right or just GG?  For the mask option, 2-3 times a week I am assuming?  So at night, cleanse, mask, then Luna, then CEO serum then tidal.  I find all this a tad overwhelming, but I have pigmentation that I really want to make go away 🙂

Thanks! 

RE: Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

@flyingchange I use Luna, CEO, Good Genes and Tidal was well and have been for years. I only use 1 pump of Good Genes after Luna at night only. I skip CEO and Tidal altogether at night. I don’t see an SPF in your routine. Since GG is a Lactic, it’s imperative that we use an SPF of 30 or higher everyday. Acids cause our skin to become extremely photosensitive and the sun will cause more damage if not protected. I would keep the Good Genes to night time only and only use 1 pump. During the day, use your CEO, Tidal and an SPF. You should see results withthat. But first, give your skin a few days to calm itself down and start off slow again.

Re: RE: Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

Thank you!  I am using spf50 every morning. I put it in after Tidal. I will try 1 pump at night after Luna and see if that helps but will give it a few days!  If that still is bothersome I’ll try the mask route. 

Re: Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

Hi flyingchange,

I just started skincare routine too, so Im no expert whatsoever. I had this hotness and redness by midday too. But with the Luna oil only. Maybe using LUNA and the good genes together is too much. Maybe you need to do one or the other? I also think for masks-since youre reacting to good genes in the morning-once or twice a week for the ceramic slip/gg combo. 3x a week is definitely too much. What kind of moisturizer are you using?

RE: Re: Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

@Buootiful Are you using Luna during the day? It’s meant for night time use only. That could be why you’re experiencing tightness and redness. It’s also really important that you use an SPF of 30 or higher everyday.

Re: RE: Re: Sunday Riley Good Genes Sensitivity ??

@darlyndar I only use Luna at night. 2 Moisturizers and Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical defensse spf 30 are the only theing I use in the morning. So I assume the LUNA is afecting somehow even though I wash it off in the morning. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing