Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley Fake Reviews

This was posted by a former Sunday Riley employee on Reddit.....

9AE05377-318B-4020-A358-504E195DB63A.jpeg

What do you think? I find this so unethical. 

Re: Sunday Riley Fake Reviews

@grizzlymaze@itscarin  that is a good idea except what about people who receive gratis in BIC? And the new ND cranberry palette says coming soon online but it was available at my store. She launched it in stores before she did so online. I do have it and reviewed it. So in some cases that doesn't apply. Also if you have a bunch of samples of the same product, or deluxe samples or received something as a gift shouldn't that count as well? You still tried the product.  I did notice that the site asks you if it was a gift but doesn't display it like it did before the switch to BIC.  I check that box and usually write it in my review as well but I'm sure some people just check the box and then it doesn't show up anywhere. 😞

@veronika23 You're right; you should be able to count samples towards reviews.  Possibly they could screen to make sure you had received a sample from sephora before allowing a review, although this would screen out people who had picked up samples in-store as they would be unverified.  

Maybe they could just close the loop for these two Sunday Riley products.  Or maybe all Sunday Riley products since the company has demonstrated a lack of integrity if that email is real.  

Sunday Riley did list what VPN they use.  Perhaps every address from that VPN can be banned from writing a review.

I think the problem with implementing some kind of deterrent from Sunday Riley employees posting fake reviews will be that the IT department may not be able to customize filters for one or two products, or brand specific.  I'm not sure what they do for catching spam reviews - whether it's hand-reviewed; they have an in-house algorithm they developed; or if they use some third-party software.

Being based out of San Francisco I'd guess that they might have an in-house system they developed and maintain on their own, but then that's not very cost-effective so maybe they're using third-party software.  If it's someone else's software I know they'll charge an arm and leg for that type of customization.  

I'm done going down the rabbit hole on this.  I really hope Sephora addresses this concern.

@itscarin  yeah I wish there was a way to filter out the fake stuff though. 😞  But in this specific case they should shut down the reviews for these products... or the brand like you said. Shutting down the IP's from that VPN though could be problematic for legit people who are using it. Ugh. It's such a darn mess. I know I will never buy from this brand. Why are people so f-ing greedy??? There is no way to please everyone. That's a fact. So let people speak their truths FFS!  I hope Sephora addresses this as well.

Sunday Riley Fake Reviews

wow that's scandalous! @ArmuChick84
45 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 9AE05377-318B-4020-A358-504E195DB63A.jpeg
  • E988D7DF-076C-4AC1-A7BD-98FC47ED4347.png
  • 8204832B-8ED4-42DD-B651-D807549F33AF.png
  • D7DD5C16-7AE3-486A-BC5A-4AF88EB309BC.png
testing