Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Re: Soothing mask recommendations?

@SlimNShady @I second @tg1973  the suggestion for the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask !!! I also find the First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask 3.4 oz/ 96.4 g super soothing 

@SlimNShady  I haven't used either of the masks you tagged, but the Topicals mask looks promising if your skin responds well to centella asiatica (cica) and colloidal oats. I can't use the Origins Hello Calm mask because it contains essential oils my skin hates; that mask would further irritate my inflammation-prone skin instead of calm it down. 

One of my favorite soothing masks is The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL , which now also comes in a mini size. Yeah it's a cleansing balm, but you can let it sit on your face for up to 10 minutes as a soothing mask. When my skin's in bad reaction mode, this balm is the only way I can wash my face with minimal pain. You can also try the Aveeno Soothing Oatmeal Bath Treatment which is 100% colloidal oatmeal: just mix part of a packet with enough water to form a paste, spread it on your face, and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing/wiping off. 

If your skin loves centella asiatica, consider COSRX Pure Fit Cica Serum. It contains 7 forms of cica. I use it on mornings when I'm having major redness flareups. If you like sheet masks (eh, you can also just squeeze serum out of the mask/pouch/sleeve and apply it to your face without bothering with the sheet), consider Dewytree Cica 100 Mask Sheet which is a 100% cica sheet mask. My face likes that mask a lot. One of my top favorite sheet masks ever is the Abib Mild Acidic pH Hearleaf Fit mask: it contains a few forms of cica plus skin-soothing licorice root, green tea, houttuynia cordata, chamomile, allantoin, and a couple other ingredients I'm forgetting right now. I love that Abib mask so much, I order at least 3 boxes at a time. It always calms my skin and boosts hydration, but your results may vary. 

I'm not familiar with those products, but I can recommend Dr Jart+ products wholeheartedly.  They have an entire Cicapair line for soothing with a mist, a serum, a cream, a gel, and a sleeping mask, so you have a great choice of textures.  Their Ceramidin line is also very soothing.  I noticed just last night how the Ceramidin Cream instantly calmed my inflamed face that was VERY red following a harsh treatment.

I have also used a sample of the LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask and found it to be wonderful.

Good luck with whatever you try!!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing