cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Skincare Routine for Teenagers

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their skincare routine for teenagers. I have combination/oily skin and I wash my face with the Neutrogena Grapefruit Oil Free Face Wash in the morning and with the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Cleanser at night.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Skincare Routine for Teenagers

I'm a fellow Teen™ who has a similar skin type, and I can't believe nobody has mentioned clay and charcoal masks! You really don't need to buy the fancy ones, I've been using a five-dollar Freeman's mask and it works just fine. Aztec Healing Clay is raved about but is also very messy, L'oreal makes good ones, and Origins makes excellent highly-rated ones here at Sephora. 

RE: Skincare Routine for Teenagers

Hi! Dry/normal skin here. I wash my face morning and night with a prescription sulfur wash. In the morning I leave it at that and use the Acure goji berry moisturizer. At night, I wash, exfoliate every few days, moisturize and apply tea tree oil to problem spots. Hope this helps!

Ever since I was a teenager, I have had combination skin type, and battled acne! I have tried so many products and have had my successes and my failures. One of my successes that I will always swear by is the Tarte Frxxtion stick! its a great exfoliator to help get any build up off your face. I do that every night when I take my makeup off. Every second or third night I use the Skin Inc Pure Revival Peel! It leaves my skin soft and gives it a glow! In the morning I wash my face with Philosophy Purity wash before I put my makeup on. Every one's skin type is different but this is the routine that worked for me! 

when i was a teen, i used these products and i loved it. 

purpose gentle cleansing wash

olay all day moisturizer with spf for sensitive skin

i saw someone recommend benzoyl peroxide. i strongly recommend against using it. i made the mistake of using benzoyl peroxide when i was younger and my skin struggled with it. it has negative consequences for your skin and can make acne worse in the long run. since your skin is young, stick with gentle products like what i listed above. drink lots of water.

It's amazing how unique everyone's skin is.  If you don't kind my asking, what type of issues did you have with bp? It still works so well for me for spot treatment when I get a rogue pimple here or there.  I've never used 'whole face' ben perox treatments like proactiv, however.

Love your rec for Olay; I used it for years before I started splurging on products here at Sephora!  Inexpensive and doesn't have that usual sunscreen smell.

I use the drunk elephant gelee cleanser first, then I use the son and park beauty water as a toner, then I use a vitamin c serum, and the tatcha water cream! All good basic products that can be used day and night!! Keeps my skin soft and even toned with no breakouts and is gentle enough to use every day with out stripping the skin!
Anonymous Insider

I have the same skin type. Since I wear makeup on top of having oily skin a lot of gunk gets stuck in my pores. I'm really basic with my routine but it works. I use the biore charcoal wash then the neutrogena no alcohol toner and finish it up with my mario badescu rose water spray (in the morning) or mario badescu green tea (at night). My skin has shown a lot of improvement just by using those. My face is already normal/combo so I don't use any oils or anything like that unless a particularly part of my face gets dry like the sides of my nose. With that I just put some tea tree oil on it and rub it in and it's back to normal and a few days.

When removing makeup or just in general

If you're using any products to treat acne, make sure you are incorporating a moisturizer into your routine. Acne fighting products can be very drying to the skin and if you aren't moisturizing properly then your skin will over-produce oils in an attempt to self-balance, in turn leading to oilier skin and a potential for more clogged pores. 

@Anonymous A liquid cleanser, BHA and Persa-gel for spot treatments.  If you like the Neutrogena Grapefruit wash then that's fine, but I wonder if the fragrance in it might be irritating.  A nice wash from Neutrogena is the Fresh Foaming Cleanser, IMO and per beautypedia reviews.  Oil blotting sheets are super helpful; Target makes nice inexpensive ones.

If you are still struggling, you can look into OTC Differin.  Good luck!

I'm not a teenager anymore, but not so old that my products are obsolete (and I still get breakouts from time to time).  Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser was my go to, with help from Clearasil cream to treat blemishes.  A cream with benzoyl peroxide was a must have, though I recommend sleeping with a towel on your pillow, as the benz peroxide can bleach fabric.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing