Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

SkinCare Routine for a 14 Year Old?

I was looking for a simple Skincare Regimen that contains just a cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen because I wanted to keep it simple! I'm 14 years old and I have oily skin in the summer! I was looking for gentle products that won't irritate my acne-prone skin. (I tend to get acne on my forehead) I have some weird blemish/bump stuff on my cheeks, I think it's keratosis pilaris since I have it on my arms, so I didn't want to irritate that. I used the CeraVe Salicylic Acid Cleanser twice a day for 2 1/2 months, but that irritated my skin, so now I just use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser every day and use CeraVe Salicylic Acid Cleanser every 3-4 days. I'm about to run out, so I was wondering which cleanser to use. I also currently use the Supergoop Sheer Screen Sunscreen, since I was told not to use Chemical Sunscreens that contain Oxybenzone and more than 1.4% Homosalate. The Supergoop Sheer Screen Sunscreen, is amazing, but it does leave a tiny blue-ish white-ish tint on my brown skin. So, I was hoping for more affordable options. If you can, please help? Thanks! 

Re: SkinCare Routine for a 14 Year Old?

@Maachi my daughter is 14 and loves Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser 5 oz/150 mL as for moisturizer, she has normal skin so I just let her use whatever is more of a gel/water texture like Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 0.85 oz/ 25 mL SPF would be more of a preference whether you want something like Supergoop! Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.5 oz/ 45 mL or Supergoop! Mini Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 0.68 oz/ 20 mL there's a few different consistencies you could go for

Thank you so much for your feedback! I think I just got a few new products to add to my list! 😁

Hi @Maachi ! I’m also a teenager, and I’d love to help you out! 

If the Cerave SA Cleanser was irritating, I would suggest sticking to a more gentle cleanser. The Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and the Cerave Foaming Cleanser are great, and the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser is another good one, being super gentle and affordable!

For a moisturizer, I would recommend SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow , which I really like! Or Selfless by Hyram Niacinamide & Maracuja Daily Support Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mLYou could also use a simple drugstore moisturizer from Cerave or Cetaphil if that’s more what you’re looking for! 💧 

Sunscreen! I’m so happy to hear you’re wearing sunscreen, it’s so important ☀️ Supergoop does have other sunscreens you could try, Cerave has a mineral sunscreen as well.

I hope this was helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have an amazing day, and remember that you’re beautiful no matter what! 😊 ❤️ 

I was actually thinking of trying out the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, but I don't know if that would be too stripping or not lol, but thanks! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing