Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skin resurfacing

Hello beautiful ladies,

I am looking for a skincare treatment, cleanser, lotion, exfoliant, serum etc., that resurfaces the skin. I don't have HORRIBLE skin, but I have some fine lines and a ton of little bumps on my forehead, as well as a few small acne scars. I've tried a bunch of cleansers, bio oil, and some exfoliants, nothing seems to help at all though.

Thanks so much! 🙂

Re: Skin resurfacing

I think I've tried EVERY product mentioned in here, and I liked the Dr Dennis Gross pads but the best (and most cost effective) option I've found is The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's done wonders to clear up post-adult acne hyperpigmentation and clear all the teeny little bumps I had on my chin. For fine lines try products w collagen and/or hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump. 

RE: Skin resurfacing

I'm so obsessed with Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta extra strength daily peel now. It left my skin so smooth and soft! You can try in a sephora store and see if you like it.

Dr Dennis Gross extra strength exfoliating pads... one an...

Dr Dennis Gross extra strength exfoliating pads... one and done. Use them every day for a month and it will totally change your (skin texture) life.

NuFACE Prep-And-Glow are great for resurfacing & cleansing. They are little round circular pads that have one cleansing gel side and one exfoliating bump side. I use this all the time when I need to wear a full face of makeup for an entire day. It really removes all the dirt and is SO GOOD at removing dry skin. I find it really helps for stopping your makeup from making your skin oiler than it needs to be. It def. reduced the amount of acne I get after wearing makeup. 

My skin started to dramatically change when I started to consistently use a toner, which depending on the brand but they can help gently exfoliate, balance the Ph in your skin and ultimately help your other products work better and see the full benefits. I really like my toner from Ole Henricksen and another one that isn't sold at Sephora but its lotion P50(super strong but t works and I'm on my 3rd bottle now!). Other treatments that I swear have helped include the Sunday Riley Luna oil and the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari BabyFacial. Both have helped with fine lines, and evening out discoloration from skin damage. http://shoprescuespa.com/biologique-recherche-p50.html

I personally don't like the clarisonic for skincare. I feel it's gimmicky and caused me more skin issues. Based off what you described, it sounds like you need a good exfoliant, vitamin c serum and moisturizer. A chemical exfoliant will work for the texture and evenness to your skin. Dr Dennus Gross AHA/BHA pads are good for that. For scarring and overall tone, a good vitamin c serum in the AM will be helpful. A gentle one for beginners is drunk elephants Vit c day serum. I had no irritation from that one. Incorporating a good Anti Aging hydratior will help with fine lines. I like Uma Oil beauty boosting day oil and their Anti Aging oil. I also like herbivore orchid oil. 

Yes the clarasonic is really great for clearing the skin, and exfoliates as well. As for as resurfacing goes I alternate between Sunday Riley good genes, and dr Dennis gross extra strength daily exfoliating pads. If you are trying to get rid of the bumps from congested pores I really like Sunday Riley Luna and her clay cleanser. Those products from her line really helped clearing up any acne I had. Beyond this I always recommend having one facial per season, and chemical peels will give you more of a result than resurfacing products you can buy in store. Hope this helps!

Re: RE: Skin resurfacing

Thanks so much, i will give these a try! 🙂

I recommend to go to your local sephora and have them inspect your skin and see what line can really help the bumps on your forehead.. I also recommend looking into getting a facial where they can extract the bumps and offer a skincare line for your needs should it be more severe

Are there facials that can extract the bumps?! Do you happen to know what kind of facial that would be, like clay, etc?

Has anyone tried the Clarisonic brush? It's so expensive, but I'm wondering if its worth the price.

RE: Re: Skin resurfacing

I find the brushes are awesome. I can even use it when I have allergies, and just switch to a new brush after.

RE: Re: Skin resurfacing

Personally, I had a really bad experience with the Clarisonic. I purchased it because I have combination skin that was blemish-prone at the time. In less than a week, my face was literally scrubbed raw and my skin was so sensitive and irritated that I went to see my esthetician, who explained that a Clarisonic is the worst choice for someone with a thin epidermal layer. Nowadays, I use the FAB exfoliating pads which are way more gentle and provide, in my opinion, a superior exfoliating and cleansing treatment.

Re: RE: Re: Skin resurfacing

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry you had this problem with it!! I have sensitive skin too so I'm not sure if it would work for me either

I find the clarisonic brush really helps for deep cleaning, especially if you're acne prone. 

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing