Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin help

I have been struggling for like the past couple of months with acne. The acne that i experience is small bumps all over my face that tend to itch sometimes. I also struggle a lot with dark spots, and dark under eyes and I am not sure about what to do and use for it all. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should use or do I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you, and God bless 

Re: Skin help

I would go back to your basic skincare routine: cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen to see if it was one of your products giving you that reaction. If not a good way to deal with those bumps and itchiness in a gentle way would be switching to a cleanser with salicylic acid like The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Pore Cleanser. For those dark spots CosRX has a Centella Blemish Cream that you use as a spot treatment at night and the next morning you can tell that the dark spot has brightened a little. Other things good for dark spots are Vitamin C, Azelaic Azid, Tranexamic Acid, etc. Let me know if you would like to know about specific products with each of those ingredients.

RE: Skin help

Curology. I just replied this to someone else. I had horrible hormonal acne around my jaw and all over my neck and nothing was clearing it up. You get a free 6 week trial and just have to pay $5 for shipping. You take their test and send in a couple pictures and they will make and give you a prescription along with a cleanser and moisturizer. It seriously saved my skin! My skin was clear in a couple weeks and has stayed that way so far, thank God! Hope this helps!

@Rachelkabamba Look up fungal acne / malassezia folliculitis. Nizoral shampoo (as a face mask) should help with the outbreak, but you may need to reconsider your entire routine to make sure it's FA safe (no oils, esters, etc). Reddit should have a master list of FA-safe products to give you some inspiration.

Thank you so much I’m going to look into the list ! I really appreciate the help 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing