Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skin care recommendations.Need help!

I want to learn how to take care of my skin more.My skin type is oily.It is very sensitive as well. I have always struggled with huge pores and black heads . Trying to look for a new moisturizer and cleanser as well

Re: Skin care recommendations.Need help!

Hey there, I know the struggle of having oily yet sensitive skin. Throughout the years I've been able to find many awesome products to incorporate into my routine to help keep the oil at bay without irritating my skin in the process. Below are my recommendations for both facial cleansers and moisturizers that are great for oily, sensitive skin!

Cleansers:

1. Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser ($30 for 5 oz)

• great for minimizing pores and brightening skin
  • non-irritating for sensitive skin (although you should expect to feel a warm sensation when applying as that is how this facial cleanser was designed)
  • provides a deep clean, but can leave skin feeling a little tight and/or dry (this can be easily remedied by following up with a good moisturizer)

2. Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash ($23 for 5 oz)

• the best cleanser for combination-oily skin (will not over-dry your skin)
  • soothing and balancing, perfect for sensitive skin
  • as it does not strip your skin of moisture, it is good for oily skin and will not force your skin to overproduce oil

3. Olehenriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser ($25 for 5 oz)

• if you have extremely oily skin, this is the one for you
  • this may be slightly irritating for extremely sensitive skin
  • truly produces a matte finish instantly after washing your face, but don't be surprised if your skin attempts to overcompensate by producing extra oil (again, a good moisturizer should help to prevent this)

4. Saturday Skin Rise and Shine Rise + Shine Gentle Cleanser ($26 for 4 oz)

• this gentle cleanser is great for sensitive skin and gives skin a healthy glow (unlike the shiny, greasy glow of oiliness) 
  • the peptide formula in this cleanser has great anti-aging benefits and makes your skin soft after washing it 
  • this cleanser is arguably the most "healthy" cleanser on this list and is very nourashing for your skin (it contains peach extract, one of many natural ingredients, that helps control oil production throughout the day)

Moisturizers:

1. Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb ($38 for 1.7 oz)

• lightweight moisturizing gel that is great for oily skin and will not irritate sensitive skin
  • this Korean skincare line is full of natural herbs and extracts that will soothe and nourish skin
  • not the most moisturizing option on this list, but if you struggle with extremely oily skin, this may be one to look into

2. Saturday Skin Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream ($49 for 1.7 oz)

• this cream is so wonderful for my oily and sensitive skin; it leaves my skin feeling super soft and hydrated without leaving a film or greasy feeling
  • this moisturizer is full of good ingredients for your skin like a peptide formula to encourage collagen growth, avocado protein, and both apple and peach extract
  • gives your skin a subtle and healthy glow while discouraging oil production

3. Tatcha The Water Cream ($68 for 1.7 oz)

• this moisturizer is the best one on this list for anti-aging
  • it's also fabulous for minimizing pores and promoting hydration
  • the key ingredient for controlling oil here is Japanese leopard lily which controlls excess oil and purifies skin by supporting natural cell turnover

4. Glow Recipe Watermelon Juice Moisturizer ($39 for 2 oz)

• another Korean skincare line with wonderful benefits for extremely oily skin (and yet won't irritate sensitive skin)
  • smells fantastic, like freshly-cut watermelon and strawberries
  • interesting thin gel consistency that is lightweight, but may leave a slight film on skin so just keep that in mind 

You can't go wrong with any of these options, but I think that the takeaway here is to use a gentle cleanser so as to not irritate your sensitive skin and then use a hydrating moisturizer so that you skin will get the moisture it needs and will not be forced to produce extra oil to compensate. I really hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

RE: Re: Skin care recommendations.Need help!

Thank you so much for this very detailed review ❤️❤️! And indeed, I know the struggle of finding products that won’t irritate the skin. I recently returned two Murad skin care products (recommended to me by a skin care consultant) that really irritated my skin and made me break out a lot. It was so upsetting . I will look up the products you told me and try them out when my skin gets better (when the breakout goes away). I will let you know any updates or questions!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing