cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Simple Skin Care Routine

Hi everybody! 

I am looking to start a new skin care routine, it has gotten to the point where I have been trying and experimenting with way too many products that my skin is now acting up so I just want to keep it simple. Any good suggestions? I have sensitive, acne prone skin. Mostly dry but oily in my t-zone

Thank you in advance!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Simple Skin Care Routine

Good call, @rachellxo22!  Whenever my skin starts acting up, particularly if it's because of new products or perhaps too many products, I like to go back to the basics.  I have combination (oily T-zone, dry everywhere else), dehydrated and sensitive skin and my get back to basics and keep it simple routine consists of:

AM routine

1. Wash face with water and/or washcloth
  2. Vitamin C product - I like Eminence Rosehip Triple C + E Oil - pricey but I find it to be effective and with winter coming, the oil formula also helps with keeping my skin moisturized
  3. Eye cream - if I need to brighten up the under eye area, I'll use Origins GinZing eye cream; otherwise, I'll use Belif Peat Miracle Revital eye cream
  4. Moisturizer - Belif The Moisturizing Bomb is my go-to moisturizer, but when it gets colder, I'll switch over to Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream
  5. SPF - at the moment, I'm really enjoying IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Armour SPF 50 - it's a tinted sunblock; my skintone is light-to-medium and the color blends in very nicely.

PM routine

1. Remove makeup and/or sunblock with Bioderma Micellar Water
  2. Use an oil based cleanser, Clinique Take The Day Off Balm
  3. Then a water based cleanser - Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser does a nice job of cleansing my skin without stripping it of making if feel dry
  4. eye cream - the Belif one
  5. hydrating serum - Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel has been a standby for me for such a long time.  I've read that The Ordinary Hyaluronic 2% + B5 is a dupe.
  6. moisturizer - same as the one used in the morning

RE: Simple Skin Care Routine

I have dry skin and an oily t zone too and i also have acne prone skin. The tarte drink of h2O moisturizer worked really good for my skin. I made it feel hydrated and it didn’t make my skin oily. There’s a dupe for that moisturizer, the neutrogena hydro boost gel is very similar to it. I used to use the neutrogena toner but I recently switched to the Dickinson witch hazel toner and hands down it’s the best decision I ever made, it helped my skin a lot. I’ve been using it for a month and a half now: Within a week I saw a difference with my skin, it was getting clearer. These products worked really well with me, so I want to share them with you. Hopefully it works for you and you fall in love with these products just like how I did.

Hi. You already received a great piece of advice from the previous poster. Also, you already caught on with introducing new products individually and slowly. This way, you know what is (not) working. I am a strong believer in sunscreen every day as well as reapplication. Your skin will thank you! First Aid Beauty has a great hydrating serum. I would also recommend exfoliating twice or three times a week. You may want to start with chemical exfoliation as opposed to scrubs. Good luck!

Re: Simple Skin Care Routine

You may like to look into Paula's Choice skin lines. They have several lines that addresses different issues and the Customer service is very helpful to help you find what would work for you. Most products are very affordable. I love the Skin Balancing moisturizer that has SPF and is great for oily and combination skin. They also have a great eye cream. It's hard to name all their good products. Hope this helps. 

The two most important parts of your skincare routine are cleansing and moisturizing. First Aid Beauty and Philosophy both have wonderful and gentle cleansers that do a good job. You also may like the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. There are a lot of good moisturizers for combo skin. Stop in a store and play with their Skin IQ!! You can pick your top concerns and skin type and it’ll show you what they have in store so you can feel them and ask a rep more questions
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing