Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Rosacea

I am interested in recommended products for persons with rosacea, especially with aging.  Have you tried Tatcha or Biossance products with success?

Re: Rosacea

I would be careful with tatcha products because they have fragrance and that can make rosacea worse. Best to have a very simple, fragrance free routine. Try the Paula's Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster 1 oz/ 30 mL . Azelaic acid is a well known treatment for rosacea and it has licorice as well, both help in fighting redness. Plus Azelic acid helps with darks spots and brightening. If you're specifically interested in biossance products, the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer is a good repairing moisturizer. The only other thing that I've tried from them is the Biossance Squalane + 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Serum 1.01 oz / 30 mL which I used to use on and off with other lactic acids from sunday riley and farmacy (if one stopped working well, I would rotate) until I did get rosacea myself and it does make it worse anytime I tried to go back to it, so I don't recommend it. I would try the paula's choice product for at least 3 months or so, see how that does and if it's not addressing all your concerns, see about adding another product to your routine. Make sure you wear sunscreen. My rosacea gets worse when I'm in the sun, even with sunscreen on. I recommend Farmacy GREEN DEFENSE daily mineral sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL over a moisturizer. 

I find thatcha indigo cream really reduces my redness. The biggest factor though is diet - cutting out sugar and dairy when I can. 

I found that changing products based on what is happening with my body chemistry works best.  If I try to stay with one product, it eventually stops working for what my body needs, and I have to explore other options.  I try to stay with clean, fresh, and not so harsh products. 

I have tried Tatcha and like this product for aging skin. 

I have had very mild cases of what my facial technician and dermatologist referred to as rosacea that doesn't last long, so I'm not positive that this product helps, however it doesn't irritate my skin. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing