Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Red spots on face....

Hello everyone! So I have a question if this happened to anyone else and if they have any solution because gurl I tried everything (although all products I tried were from Europe...). So sometimes I end up having red spots on my face (picture provided), it happens randomly (already tried checking if I'm allergic to something). They hang out on my face for a while and then just disappear like I was dreaming. I don't wear foundation every day, I wear 0 make up to work because I touch my face.... A LOT, so covering it with make up is a no go which makes me look like I caught something real bad at work.... anyone has any suggestions? Thank you!

Re: Red spots on face....

@Lixil  As this is a recurring problem I would suggest you see your Primary Care provider, even a telehealth appointment when the spots have shown up.  If you have coverage without a referral then seeing a dermatologist might help.

Hey, I have the same problem. It kinda makes your pores look bigger in the spot too right. I found that it's most likely my skin being overloaded with either oil or something that shouldn't be there. What usually helps is washing the areas with warm-hot water and making sure to do a good cleanse while making sure there no soap left. Then I jist moisturize sparingly in the areas and it's usually all good the next day

Yes i have the same problem. Getting therse same spots near my eyes. Cant figure out what it is

@Lixil 

--A little pure aloe gel can calm almost anything down, but you should try keeping a journal for 3-4 days, writing down when they appear and then jotting down what you remember about what you might have touched or been near. I get mini rashes all the time, but they never feel painful, so that's a little concerning. Def sounds like something is causing a contact reaction, but you might want to talk to a family doctor over the phone and get their ideas. 

hi i have the exact same problem but all i do is put a hot wrag on my face then wash my face then i put lotion on to keep it mostrurized and my problem is solved.... i do this everyday

Did you ever figure out what this was? Struggling with the same issue.... Would love any advice

This is happening to me and I don’t know what to do I have eczema and really sensitive skin, I’ve been using the exact same products for a very long time. It’s the same with me the reds spots only come out for a little bit it’s mainly after I’ve been in the shower, then they go away. I don’t touch my face ever I used to pick my skin really badly and had acne all over my head, but it’s gone now. I never ever wear face makeup if I wear makeup which is very rarely I ware it on my eyes and lips only. I don’t know what to do, it might be nothing but it could be something. Once this level of lockdown is over I will ask my dermatologist. I also asked my aunt who is an allergist and she doesn’t think it’s an allergic reaction. So we’ll have to see, I doesn’t bother me that much as of now, but it does get on my nerves sometimes 

Doesn't have to be a full-on allergy, can be just sensitivity. Maybe your shampoo, face wash, or something that was used to clean the shower leaving a little residue somewheres? @lolaeriley 

@Lixil   How long do they hang out

when they appear? Hours?  Days?  And do they appear in the exact same spot every time?  
If you’re allergic to something taking an antihistamine will normally help clear things up within a few hours.  If that doesn’t work then chances that it’s an allergy are lower.  
 You could simply be introducing bacteria to your face with all the face touching.  Hands are notoriously dirty even with regular washing.  The placement of the blemishes looks almost as though you rest your elbow on a surface and lean your face on your hand.  Is this something you do?  

Anonymous Insider

I have the same problem and know exactly what you're talking about.. Were you able to find a solution?

Red spots on face....

I get that sometimes too @Lixil seems like it's always after I cleanse,, then it just goes away in a couple hours,, it doesn't happen all the time, but idk what the heck causes mine, I just leave it alone

I have the same looking spot that has no symptoms at all but won't go away no matter what. Sigh. I am considering getting laser or a medical grade tattoo 

@Lixil   If you touch your face a lot at work, is it possible you're transferring something to your skin that causes a reaction, maybe an allergic one?  Or even some sort of acne.  One of my kids was told not to touch his chin so much, which they were doing while studying and it caused acne on their chin!

I get red patches for a specific reason, and, just to let you know, Drunk Elephant has a few products that worked together to help mine:  A-Passioni (which comes with a sample tube of one of the products, their B-Hydra Serum,) and their Protini moisturizer.  I've never had anything help me so quickly and so well (disclosure:  I did receive those as a gratis from Sephora, but I have purchased them since on my own.)

https://www.sephora.com/product/protini-tm-polypeptide-cream-P427421?icid2=products%20grid:p427421:p...

https://www.sephora.com/product/a-passioni-retinol-cream-P439926?icid2=products%20grid:p439926:produ...

https://www.sephora.com/product/b-hydra-intensive-hydration-gel-P406712?icid2=products%20grid:p40671...

Just to be safe though, you may want to see your doctor.  If some medical condition is causing those red marks you should rule that out to be on the safe side.

Anonymous Insider

I'm having that problem too. But they don't hurt and they don't go away. Have you found any answers?

Red spots on face....

It could be mild rosacea (which can be treated). I would maybe go see a doctor. They will probably have a better idea.

They look like hives @Lixil. Do they itch at all? You can try using a mild OTC cortisone cream when they pop up if they’re not too troublesome

It's not itchy, if anything it hurts a little bit when I...

It's not itchy, if anything it hurts a little bit when I touch it (just a little) but that's all :s
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos1
testing