Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Recommended Moisturizers??

Hey! What is your holy grail for moisturizers? I have dry skin and I am not willing to spend more than $30 and want at least more than 1 ounce of product!! I struggle with whiteheads and hormonal acne a lot. Skin texture and discoloration as well!

Re: Recommended Moisturizers??

@michelle2479 KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm

@michelle2479  My holy grail moisturizer costs more than $30 USD (Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...). But whichever cream moisturizer you use, try layering more hydrating and moisturizing products under it. Here are a few I use: 

Hydrating toner - use directly after washing. I use e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence each morning and most nights: it costs $10 and is loaded with hydrating/moisturizing ingredients, plus niacinamide. 

Facial oil - layer over or under a cream moisturizer, or mix into a moisturizer. My favorite one costs more than you’re willing to spend, but a very good inexpensive option is the $10 e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil. I see it listed at Ulta for $4.97 right now. The Ordinary and The Inkey List also have inexpensive options. 

I can’t recommend any e.l.f. cream moisturizers because my mostly-dry combo skin doesn’t like them. But you could try one of those; you might find it more moisturizing than I did. Hmm... I know you’re looking for more than 1 oz of product, but consider some of The Inkey List’s inexpensive moisturizers: THE INKEY LIST - Multi-Biotic Balancing Moisturizer , The INKEY List Hemp Oil Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL, or The INKEY List Snow Mushroom Hydrating Gel Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL. You might also want to look at Paula’s Choice options (at the brand’s site): they have several moisturizers formulated for specific skin types, including dry skin, and they sell travel sizes and/or samples of many of their products so you don’t have to commit to a full size right away. Oh, and consider CeraVe moisturizers, particularly CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion

While I’m at it: make sure your cleanser isn’t drying out your face. If your cleanser leaves dry patches behind, look for a more hydrating/moisturizing one. If you currently use a toner, make sure it doesn’t contain alcohol denat. or isopropyl alcohol since those can further strip naturally dry skin. 

This helped a lot, thanks! Greatly appreciated. Might look into the moisturizer you love. Youth to the people is a great brand and I currently am using the cleanser!

RE: Recommended Moisturizers??

I dont know how much product is in it, but i suggest the Neutrogena hydroboost gel moisturizer! It comes in a pot container and goes on like gel but dries quickly leaving the skin really soft and prepped for makeup as well! It lasted me 4/5 months night and day use (you dont need a lot). Prices vary but i think the highest is 25$ in drugstores. Hope this helps!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing