Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Psoriasis!

What is the best products that have helped with your psoriasis? Looking for a shampoo and a cleanser or moisturizer 

Re: Psoriasis!

If you've haven't already, consulting a dermatologist would be a good idea to get the best reccomendedations @BrandyBear3 

I've had some success with Skinfix for really bad Eczema breaks outs by my eyes, I know Psoriasis is different but they do have items in that line up for it as well 💙

(Skinfix Barrier+ Besties Hydrating and Nourishing Kit as an example)

Tower28 and FirstAid Beauty have also worked for others thou I have never tried them myself.

I do enjoy the The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL as a first step cleanser that doesn't irritate my face at all if you like colloidal oats in your skin care. You do need to follow it with a regular cleanser.

What works? 💜 Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Redness Support is a thread @JoSometimes mentioned, just a place to discuss and share solutions and problems we encounter having Eczema, Rosacea and Psoriasis.

The more people that use the thread, the more helpful it will be 💗

Hi @BrandyBear3! Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL is great for redness and irritation. I have eczema and it’s helps whenever I have a flare up. The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Oily Scalp Treatment 5 oz/ 150 mL is helpful for my scalp. I recently just discovered it. Also, there’s a thread here with all kinds of other products specifically for those of us with finicky, sensitive skin. Check it out hereWhat works? 💜 Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Redness Support  

And please add to it @BrandyBear3 @mewique @coopbd @alexasteph!

Also, Sephora doesn’t automatically inform people when you’ve replied. We usually get around that by using @ to tag people so they get a notification. Otherwise, sometimes messages get missed. 🙂

Hi/Bonjour !!

hi have SEVERE condition of psoriasis , and I always uses nioxin products.

I’ve had lifelong psoriasis on my scalp (luckily not on my skin) but it’s still a drag. I’m about to start experimenting with alternating coal tar and salicylic acid shampoos.  Apparently this combo is supposed to be ideal for psoriasis. I bought some shampoos from Amazon, (DHS brand) after doing some research it seems to be a good brand for medicated shampoos.  

otherwise I’ve been using drunk elephant and briogio hair products, and though they don’t fix the issue, they aren’t making it any worse.  

Hi @BrandyBear3, depending on the severity of your psoriasis, you may need to visit a doctor for something prescription strength. I am prone to scalp psoriasis, and for me, regular anti-dandruff shampoo usually can help clear it up. You can also try the Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo, but that one has a pretty strong smell so I wouldn’t recommend it for frequent use or before a big event! 

For a cleanser and moisturizer, do you want something for face or body? Either way, First Aid Beauty has products you may want to check out - but remember - depending on the severity you may need prescription strength. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration claims to help calm skin irritations like psoriasis, so you can start there. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing