Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Psoriasis!

What is the best products that have helped with your psoriasis? Looking for a shampoo and a cleanser or moisturizer 

Re: Psoriasis!

I’ve had lifelong psoriasis on my scalp (luckily not on my skin) but it’s still a drag. I’m about to start experimenting with alternating coal tar and salicylic acid shampoos.  Apparently this combo is supposed to be ideal for psoriasis. I bought some shampoos from Amazon, (DHS brand) after doing some research it seems to be a good brand for medicated shampoos.  

otherwise I’ve been using drunk elephant and briogio hair products, and though they don’t fix the issue, they aren’t making it any worse.  

Re: Psoriasis!

Hi @BrandyBear3, depending on the severity of your psoriasis, you may need to visit a doctor for something prescription strength. I am prone to scalp psoriasis, and for me, regular anti-dandruff shampoo usually can help clear it up. You can also try the Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo, but that one has a pretty strong smell so I wouldn’t recommend it for frequent use or before a big event! 

For a cleanser and moisturizer, do you want something for face or body? Either way, First Aid Beauty has products you may want to check out - but remember - depending on the severity you may need prescription strength. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration claims to help calm skin irritations like psoriasis, so you can start there. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing