Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Primer & Anti-Aging

I’m always told that primer is the key to long lasting and smooth makeup application yet I don’t understand the differences between them all, what I am needing, a reasonable price range or if you need an eye primer or just an overall face base. Any assistance would be great. I’m a bit of a minimalist.

Anti-aging, I know I should have been using anti-aging serums before I started noticing the crows-feet, forehead lines and laugh/frown lines but I didn’t. Now that I see all the wonderful (sarcasm) imprints of time and motherhood appearing I know I need to start doing something to preserve my fleeting youth. Any suggestions from others with experience in these specific issues?

Primer & Anti-Aging

I really like tarte timeless smoothing primer @CKalyuzhnaya it smoothes out your pores, but a little goes a long way, I usually switch between tatcha the Pearl as my under eye cream/ brightener or Becca anti fatigue under eye primer

Re: Primer & Anti-Aging

@CKalyuzhnaya Both of those are important! There are different face primers for different purposes. There are primers for oily skin, those that fill/hide your pores, those for dry skin, some for radiance. And even more. I find eye primers really extend the wear of eyeshadow and they apply smoother.

I have oily skin with large pores and use the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL It really keeps me matte and blurs pores nicely. For eyes, I use the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion (tagging isn't working for that one).

The world of anti aging skincare is huge. I would suggest looking in the skincare threads. One of the important things to do is wear sunscreen every day to protect your skin from sun damage which will cause further signs of aging. I'm not a skincare expert and while I have a routine, I don't feel like I could be super helpful on that. @WinglessOne is really knowledgeable in this area and has a very specialized routine so I'm tagging her. There are many others who can help.

Thank you very much for the crash course on primer. You’ve taught me a great deal. And I’d love to hear with the other person you’ve tagged in this has to say about anti-aging serum‘s. I know I have loads of sun damage especially after our most recent camping trip. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any going back after whatever already done to my skin I’m not really big On sunscreen although I try really hard to make sure my kids use it so they don’t end up with skin like mine. We live in learn right.

@CKalyuzhnaya glad it helped. Ignore my comment about the skincare group, I thought I saw this elsewhere.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing