Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Pore-Minimizing Treatment?

Does anyone have suggestions for a good pore-minimizing exfoliator/serum? 

Thoughts on Murad Pore Reform™ Skin Smoothing Polish 3.5 oz vs. CLINIQUE 7 Day Face Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

Re: Pore-Minimizing Treatment?

@asona The Clinique scrub can be a good one, but it is rather emollient so it's not ideal for oily skin.  (IDK what your skin type is.)

The best sort of exfoliator is chemical exfoliation.  BHA is great for acne/blackheads and works from the inside out.  I highly rec Paula's Choice.  AHA works on the outside and is good for anti-aging and sun damage.  I rec searching beautypedia for AHA and choosing one with the right concentration for you that is also in your ideal price range.

best of luck!  🙂

Pore-Minimizing Treatment?

I've been on the hunt for the right products to minimize my pores too. currently after a few weeks or so of using the following products day and night I'm seeing some results finally. these are the products I'm using: 1) dr Dennis gross-pore perfecting gel cleanser. I read gel cleanser are better for pores. with this I use my Foreo luna mini which has also helped a ton. step 2) Caudalie -vinopure natural salysilic pore minimizing toner. this also helps take off anything that was not able to come off with your cleanser . step 3) Hanskin essence, it's a korean brand but any will do. this will help your serum to settle down deep and have more effect in your skin. step 4) caudalie -vinopure serum. this product has help my pores so much. stpet 5) shiseido ibuki refining moisturizer, this has even out my skin tone I have a mix of dry and oily skin.

RE: Pore-Minimizing Treatment?

I recently bought the Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic acid pore minimizing serum and I really like it so far! I also bought the toner to go along with it and my pores do look a lot smaller

Re: Pore-Minimizing Treatment?

Hi, @asona.

I haven't used either of the scrubs you mentioned. However, I'd highly recommend checking out the OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g. The scrub is actually a mix of a physical and chemical exfoliator, and I find that it's pretty gentle. Its ingredients include volcanic sand, which exfoliates the skin, and AHAs, that help lift dead skin cells. The Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub also has a neat warming/cooling sensation, and I've noticed that my pores can appear a little bit smaller after using it.

I hope this helps! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing