Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Papulopustular Rosacea

Can anyone suggest the best cleanser, moisturizer, treatments, or masks for rosacea with pustules? Also, any makeup brands/concealer formulated for this? 

Re: Papulopustular Rosacea

I use bare minerals for makeup and IT redness cream . I've used Dr Jart green cream( sorry cant remember the name of it)   in the past but it made me break out. Fresh soy wash in winter for face wash and FAB or checks and balances ( origins) in summer since they tend to be a bit more drying . I just started using laneige face mask at night as a night moisturizer which works great .  

Go online to Demodex Solutions and order the ZZ cream. The web site doesn't look great, but this doctor knows his stuff. The ZZ cream completely cleared my skin.

no joke.  Most PP rosacea is caused by Demodex.  Gross I know, but true.

😉

RE: Papulopustular Rosacea

it cosmetics has the bye bye redness cream that works really well, and they also make a makeup line for it as well. Use non foaming cleansers, like right now I’m use dermatologicas ultra calming cleanser, rose water for toning really helps bring down my redness.I tend to try a lot of products and switch it up a lot. I have had IPL done before and that has been the best thing that helped me. I was on doxycycline for a while for rosacea and I decided to stop taking it and tried out just using products. It’s really trial and error and what works for you.

I’ve recently been using the First Aid Beauty cleanser, it over dries my face at times. My face couldn’t tolerate the ultimate repair cream by FAB but I can use Glamglow Thirsty Mud for patches. Spot treatments I’ve  used that were successful is Wiling Beauty Willa TAKE ACTION Acne Spot Treatment or Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. Hope any of this helps!

First aid beauty works well with my skin. I use Clinique take the day off balm to remove makeup (it is unscented), remove gently but well with warm wash cloth, then I follow with the first aid beauty face wash as a second cleanse.

I have roseca also. I use prescription Mirvaso . For cleansing I use vanicream. It doesn't do good Removing my makeup however . I'm still trying to find a makeup remover that does not set my skin off . Micellar water burned my skin .

I have rosacea as well and all makeup removers burn my skin, I use baby oil have been using it for years, a lot of people believe it clog your pores but it doesn’t, wash my face directly after, doesn’t burn and it’s hydrating, I usually get the one with vitamin E in it. Works wonders

Re: RE: Papulopustular Rosacea

albolene for eye makeup

Re: RE: Papulopustular Rosacea

Hi, I have Papulopustular rosacea as well and lately I have been using Bioderma Make-up removing micelle solution to take off my makeup. I pour a little bit on a cotton pad and gently wipe and this seems to really help my flareups. Before I was using makeup wipes to take it all off (like Neutrogena) but I read that as convenient as pre-moistened makeup wipes are, they are very irritating to rosacea. This has really helped. For moisturizer I have been using an all natural Rosehip oil right after I wash my face. I apply it in a circular motion while my skin is still damp. This has also really helped calm down my skin! Also, wear SPF EVERY day. I use the La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Tinted Ulrtra-Fluid Lotion (SPF 50) and its amazing; gives a super light, sheer coverage. Hope this helped a bit. I'm still trying to figure this all out too!

Do you have prescriptions for your rosacea? I have rosacea that's controlled with Finacea. I try to use as few products as possible - adding more just seems to confuse my skin. My holy grail cleanser is Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. It doesn't do the best job as heavy makeup removal (I use a powder foundation) so maybe a gentle micellar water, like Bioderma, for makeup removal. I also like the Simple Micellar Wipes. Moisturizer can be tricky. What works for one person is horrible for the next. Right now, I'm using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer. It seems best for normal to slightly combo skin. It's not heavy and hasn't irritated my skin. I would avoid harsh scrubs and masks unless directed by a dermatologist. I don't really have any masks recommendation though I do like the Avene Moisture Mask.I put a thin coat on at night and let it stay till the morning. Until your rosacea is somewhat under control, I would stick with the basics and maybe try to avoid silicone products. Best of Luck!!

I was using RHOfade but it caused rebound reosecea after using it for a couple months so i stopped using it 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing