Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Need toner recommendations!

Hey everyone! I am looking into adding some toners into my routine and am wondering if anyone has recommendations. I use tretinoin so my skin is pretty dry and sensitive. Looking for something hydrating! I’ve been thinking about trying the Glow Recipe Cloudberry Bright Essence Toner™ 2.53 oz / 75 ml

Thanks guys!

Re: Need toner recommendations!

@savbanav I haven't tried that one but Glow Recipe makes great products.  Try a travel/mini of it first to see if you like it .  I don't know if one is available 

@savbanav check out Paula's Choice!

I personally use Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL with Tretinoin and Finacea. I know there are acids in the Toner, but they are extremely gentle. It has never stung when applying. So, I would recommend giving that a try. If it doesn't work out you can always return it for a refund and try something else. 

@cabbie  I love this one too! 

The Glow Recipe Cloudberry Bright Essence Toner™ 2.53 oz / 75 ml one looks good, @savbanav!! It's got some good hydrating ingredients, but also a lot of fruit oils, which can sometimes be irritating to sensitive skin. I'd recommend getting a sample or travel size of you can to test it. 

I've got dry sensitive skin, and I like the LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides 10.8 oz / 320 ml belif Moisturizing Bomb Toner with Ceramide 5 oz / 150 ml and Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Serum Toner 5.07 oz / 150 mL . But also some from some k beauty brands. 

What do you want your toner to do? Add a layer of hydration? Contribute to skin glow? Provide actives? 

I don’t have a hydrating serum in my routine. I don’t know how I don’t have one yet- I feel so behind lol! But yes, I was looking at the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Serum Toner 5.07 oz / 150 mL  you recommended too and I want to try it! I love the belif stuff as well. Thanks for your recommendations! I can’t believe I don’t have a hydrating serum in my routine yet- it’s taken me far too long! Better late than never I guess!

Hey @haleyvvvv , thanks for your recommendations! And I didn’t know about fruit oils irritating skin- maybe that’s why the glow recipe watermelon toner irritates my skin. Good to know!

I’m mostly looking for a toner to provide a layer of hydration and help maintain my skin barrier. Evening out my skin as well!

@savbanav the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL has PHAs and BHAs which are exfoliating acids. PHAs are usually considered less intense than other acids AHAs but they're still exfoliating. I know some exfoliating is good for dry skin, but constantly exfoliating can be too much, especially for sensitive skin. So it could have been the oils, or the acids, or both (or something else). 

If you're looking for something to help with skin barrier, then the ones I recommended could be good. Do you also use a hydrating serum (I actually quite like the Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum )? And make sure you're sealing in your moisturizer with a humectant, like an oil (the ordinary oils or inky list oils are good budget options). 

The Sephora brand toner is actually so good and hydrating, and it really evened out my skin tone. It also smells really good and is at a good price!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing