Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

NORMAL SKIN + HUMID TEMPERATURES=?

I'm going on a trip in February to places that typically have humid climate temperatures. Was wondering if anyone had advice in regards on what to use if they've ran into a situation like mine. I have Normal skin and I live in Toronto, so my skin is used to the cold/cool climate. However, when my skin is exposed to temperatures that reach 30 degrees celsius or high humidity I develop red hive-like bumps on my face. Do I need to apply a higher SPF or should I see a dermatologist? 

Re: NORMAL SKIN + HUMID TEMPERATURES=?

Do you also experience hives when working out (sweating), after hot showers, eating spicy foods or are very stressed?  If so, you could have a skin condition called cholinergic urticaria, in which case you should consult with a dermatologist. I am not a doctor, I just happened upon an article on this on web MD when I was researching my hives.

If you don't, it just may be that your skincare products are too heavy or a an ingredient in them is causing your skin to react.  I live in a humid climate and when my friends from northeast or drier climates visit, they tell me they have to use lighter and less emollient products.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing