Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizer or serum?

Hi so I have pretty normal skin and I have been trying to change up my skincare to make it better. I don't know much about the difference in serums and moisturizers. I use moisturizers when I wake up and I have been using a sample serum at night. I think I like the serum better but I'm not sure what it is actually doing for my skin or if I need both. Sorry if this is confusing. Also, would love some recommendations on good serums for normal to dry skin since winter is coming up. 

Re: Moisturizer or serum?

Esthetician here! Serums are concentrated formulas and while they can be really beneficial, they're considered an extra step in your skincare routine instead of an essential step (which would be cleansing, toning, and moisturizing). It doesn't matter what skin type you have, you need to moisturize to keep it balanced. Since your skin is normal, it depends on how much hydration you think you need. Gel moisturizers are the lightest, lotions are in between, and creams are thickest. My advice would be to use both a moisturizer and the serum you have! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing