Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Hyper pigmentation/post acne marks

Any recommendations for the purple/red marks that are left over from pimples? I've tried: OH truth serum, Sunday Riley Luna oil  (broke me out), Herbivore Phoenix oil (love it but kinda expensive). The only thing that is slowly helping a tad and hasn't broken me out are the Dr. Dennis Gross Extra strength peel pads. 

RE: Hyper pigmentation/post acne marks

So glad you asked! I have the same problem
Anonymous Insider

Re: Hyper pigmentation/post acne marks

I am in my 20s. I use kiehl corrective serum . It works for me. Apply before moisturiser. I also exfoliate weekly. 

jamisonbiggs wrote:

Any recommendations for the purple/red marks that are left over from pimples? I've tried: OH truth serum, Sunday Riley Luna oil  (broke me out), Herbivore Phoenix oil (love it but kinda expensive). The only thing that is slowly helping a tad and hasn't broken me out are the Dr. Dennis Gross Extra strength peel pads. 

Re: Hyper pigmentation/post acne marks

That's good that exfoliating is working. How were you using the Ole Truth Serum? And the Luna Oil? Sometimes it's not the product, but the cocktail you actually use; so if you're exfoliating and using Luna Oil it may be too much. It takes a while to figure out what works together and for your skin. A good exfoliation and Brightening Serum (Vit C) is good for hyperpigmentation. You may need to figure out what you can use it with and how often. I hope that helps @jamisonbiggs

I would use the OH truth serum during the day before my m...

I would use the OH truth serum during the day before my moisturizer. I just found it to be drying on my skin especially my cheek area. And for the Luna oil, I put it on after washing my face and followed with a moisturizer right before bed. I just got a sample of the Luna oil to try as it is similar to the Herbivore lapis oil

RE: Hyper pigmentation/post acne marks

Not from Sephora, but I just started using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Facial Wash. After the first use, my redness left over from pimples of the past had visibly lightened. As a bonus, my skin felt much softer as well. I haven't been using it very long, so I can't say much in the way of long term progress, but each time I use it, I am thrilled with the results. It's also reasonably priced!
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing