Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Help with Clindamycin Skincare Routine

My dermatologist recently put me on clindamycin lotion & recommended I use a benzoyl peroxide face wash.  If anyone has experience with this, I would love some feedback.  Should I use it in the morning and night or just at night/just in the morning?  Also I’ve been using the pink cloud cream by herbivore but I don’t know if I like it that much, any other good moisturizers that won’t cause a breakout for daytime?  I could also use a night cream as well, and then I use rosehip seed oil overnight and I want to try the lapis oil by herbivore when I have some money to get it.   I use the supergoop serum with spf when I’m going to be going outside.  I like using more natural “clean” products so I haven’t wanted to use cetaphil or cerave.  Also I have been using boscia and purity made simple face wash for the last couple years but I just ordered the korres Greek yogurt foaming face wash and wondered if this is one that is good for my skin issues?  Forgot to add I have combo skin.  

Re: Help with Clindamycin Skincare Routine

I'm basically on the same regimen except I use a benzoyl peroxide cream instead of the face wash. At night, I use my clindamycin along with retin-a, also prescribed by a dermatologist. I use the benzoyl peroxide in the morning along with sunscreen, always. For moisturizer, I usually wait until those products have absorbed into my skin and then go in with the Youth To The People Adaptogen Cream both morning and night. Hasn't broken me out at all. Youth To The People has very clean products and they make a face wash. 🙂 But I personally only use their moisturizers right now and use Drunk Elephant for a face wash, which is another Sephora Clean brand.

The last couple nights I’ve been only using the BP cleanser at night, a gentle cleanser in the morning (just got the Korres one in the mail), Thayer's witch hazel toner, the clindamycin, then a moisturizer.  Still using the rosehip seed oil at night.  I used my drunk elephant glucolic serum last night and I feel like I may be starting to notice my skin getting better?  It’s hard to tell!  Not sure if it was from the serum or what I’ve been doing the last week.  My chin seemed to be less red and inflamed today at least.  

I'm in basically the same situation as you, although my dermatologist said to hold off on using benzoyl peroxide cleansers as it can seriously dry up combo skin (combo skin sucks right?) She did say using a cerave cleanser was good though! Honestly, I just wash my face with my cleanser at night (I use Cerave Normal to Oily during summer as my skin tends to be more oily,) and once a week exfoliate with an enzyme exfoliator. For my moisturizer, I use Aveeno SPF 30 moisturizer as recommended by my dermatologist,       just make sure to let the clindamycin set into your face before applying the moisturizer, or really anything you chose to put on after application! I really hope this helps!!!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing