cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help me pick a toner!

07593CAB-0A86-46F2-BBFA-DD116479735A.jpeg

I've always had natural redness on my cheeks and just below my nose bridge (picture attached) and I don't mind it in the winter but gets really annoying in summer cause combined with spending time in the sun I just look really burnt. I think a toner is the thing that helps even that out, and I don't have one but don't know anything about them. Anyone know which one would help with that?

Tags:

Re: Help me pick a toner!

My all time favorite toner in Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner 4.2 oz/ 125 mL ive been using it for years. It’s Ph balancing and great for sensitive skin. 

for redness I would look for something gentle and something with cica or mugwort are great ingredients for redness. 

Hi,

For the redness, I would recommend seeing a Dermatologist to diagnose and treat it.

Some products can make it worse!

For a calming and soothing Toner, I would recommend Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 

Also take a look at Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum 

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Redness Rescue Kit 

I think if you are struggling combating the redness @LeahMichelle08 you may want to go to your family doctor or a determatolgist to get to the root cause of your redness.  When you know what's causing it, you can work on prevention and repair. 

Toners are a moisturizing step, some can even work for redness(depending on the cause)

For me,  I get red cheeks due to a diagnosed skin condition and often I can only use toners when my skin is in good shape and only a few times a week.  Toners can contain actives that are too harsh for me. 

Everyone's skin is different and products work differently on all of us.

Before picking a toner, you just want to make sure it's one that fits your skin type, concerns and condition.

❤️

Hi @LeahMichelle08! Toner’s general purpose is kind of a last bit of cleansing before the rest of your skincare and help restore its pH balance. It’s almost not necessary if your skin is in good shape and you’ve used a decent cleanser for your skin type. If you have one already and it’s working for you, keep using it. If you’re still interested in adding it to your skincare routine, I have used LANEIGE Mini Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL and First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL. For reference, I have dry, sensitive skin with some redness due to that.

For redness, it really depends on what’s causing it. A doctor can  diagnose it and help you treat it at the source. I would recommend starting here. 

It could also be from something in your current routine that is causing some irritation. What’s your routine like at the moment?

In the meantime, there are a number of different things that can help reduce redness. Tower 28 Beauty SOS Intensive Redness Relief Serum 2 oz / 59 mL or Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL can help reduce redness and help calm irritated skin. Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory properties and can also help with redness if that’s the cause. SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum is nice and gentle. Azelaic acid can also help with redness. I’ve tried The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream without any issues. You can also check out What works? 💜 Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Redness Support for more suggestions. 

One final trick you can try if you wear makeup is colour correcting the redness. A green concealer or colour corrector can help cancel out the redness. Apply a little, blend it out, then continue with the rest of your makeup routine. 

Good luck! I hope you find relief soon!

Hi! I really recommend keeping your skin hydrated and a good toner I absolutely love is the LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides . It is extremely moisturizing and will not irritate your skin. I’d also suggest avoiding products with actives as they can cause more redness and irritation. ALSO, thermal water works really well for redness and irritation from my experience. It is essentially water in a can, but with added benefits. I recommend the Avène or La Roche Posay ones, which aren’t available at Sephora, but they are worth a try and are relatively affordable. Don’t forget sunscreen! (And to reapply it every 2 hrs)

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 07593CAB-0A86-46F2-BBFA-DD116479735A.jpeg
testing