Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Help me Choose a Moisturizer - Skinfix or Farmacy

Getting ready for the Sephora sale and trying to decide which face moisturizer to try out.

Skin details - combo / dry skin with biggest challenge being acne however have been using Differin for ~4 months and the retinol dryness is real. Differin has not cured acne and am still dealing with some acne (less) and hyperpigmentation / acne scars. 

Option 1 - buy a bigger version of Farmacy Honey Halo - I currently have the small version and am loving this moisturizer 

Option 2 - try someone else out - specifically eyeing the Skinfix moisturizers 

Moisturizer criteria - 

Must have - cruelty free

Nice to have - refill / plastic free options; limited fragrance 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Help me Choose a Moisturizer - Skinfix or Farmacy

I would stick with Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer it’s just such a great moisturizer.

@Koda1996  I’d be more inclined to stick with the Farmacy!  Honey is a natural anti-microbial which is also incredibly hydrating!!  Plus it smells wonderful!!!!   
Plus with the Farmacy you can mix a small amount into some yogurt and make an occasional and very effective probiotic face mask ;). 

Definitely stay with the Farmacy moisturizer, I have Eczema, acne, and rosacea-prone skin and it has saved my skin from 3 years of damaging products and steroid creams. I also wanted to mention that it is the only thing that has helped the dry skin from my eczema while not irritating it. I also had an issue with everything stinging my face including water but not this moisturizer. 

Both of those are great moisturizers, actually. BUT, the skinfix option is specifically for barrier repair- which is often a factor in stubborn acne, especially when its being treated with the heavy duties (like Differin) which can make the moisture barrier more delicate (that dryness you're experiencing.) Personally, if I were in your shoes, I would switch over to skinfix and maybe add a ceramide serum in too. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing