Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Help! Clogged pores!

Hello everyone! Recently, I've been struggling with minor clogged pores on my cheeks and I have combination skin. I have been using peter Thomas Roth rose stem cell cleanser, ole henriksen sauna exfoliator, and I've been using both the drunk elephant baby facial mask & dr jarts pore perfectly sheet masks to target my clogged pores... however, nothing has seemed to clear them completely. My regimen has calmed them down, but has not nearly gotten them to where I'd like them to be. When I wear make up, in certain lighting I can see little shadows of the tiny bumps. Please, any suggestions would be so helpful! 

Tags:

Re: Help! Clogged pores!

@lacelacelace I recommend a liquid cleanser, and exfoliation.  BHA is a must for chemical exfoliation; I only recommend Paula's Choice and it comes is 1%, 2% and 9% (I use the latter).  Mechanical exfoliation is also an option I rely on, but I suppose that is a personal decision as I read one BIC contributor who does not recommend it.  I like Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash; Neutrogena has some good gentle ones.  Using oil blotting sheets will help if you have excess oil.  If none of the above works, then ask your doctor if you are appropriate for Retin-A.  Good luck!

Re: Help! Clogged pores!

Hey! I think you might want to change up your products since it doesn't really get you to your "preferable skin". I found this website http://acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/ which I can find out what ingredients in a product that is highly comedogenic, comedogenic, and mildly comedogenic. Comedogenic basically can clog your pores. If I put the ingredients in the link and I see highly comedogenic and comedogenic, I will skip the product. Even though some products say non-comedogenic, there are still ingredients that can be comedogenic. Companies don't need to "pass-a-test" to claim comedogenic, so always pay attention to the ingredients. You can try to check the ingredients of the products you have now and if they are highly or comedogenic, try a different one. If all your products are fine, maybe try not to eat dairy food because it can cause clogged pores. I hope this helps! 🙂

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing