Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Helllppp please Fine lines issue

Hi everyone! I am having issues with something on my face looking like an oil slick and settling into lines I didn't even know I had on my face. I'm 41 and freaking about the fine lines I see appearing:( today I used a foil sample of CT magic Serum and magic cream and I don't think it's helping. I tried the flawless airbrush foundation last week and it settled into every line on my face. Far from airbrushed. I usually use EL double wear foundation. I'm wondering if I should skip CT all together and try tatcha or Dior which I've heard good things about. Do I need a plumping cream? What will fill in the "cracks" so my makeup won't slide and settle

Tags:

Re: Helllppp please Fine lines issue

Moisture, moisture, and more moisture.   Skin gets tricky in your forties, and more susceptible to weather changes.  Hydration isn't just the solution to dryness, it's also the solution to oiliness.  Make sure you're using hydration at every level-- a hydrating toner, a hydrating serum ( The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum  isn't fancy or expensive, but it works!), and a happy hydrating day cream appropriate for your skin type (more water than oil so it doesn't leave you greasy).  Fat moist happy skin will plump up your fine lines and take makeup well.

It sounds like you're ready for retinol if you aren't using it already, or if you want to go prescription strength there are telemedicine services like Curology that will mix you up a customized prescription product.  

I haven't tried any of the CT products, but I've heard tons of great things about them and see them recommended all the time.  It sounds more wise to me to grab a couple of inexpensive hydrating products like the serum from The Ordinary and maybe  CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Moisturizer  in a mini or trial size and see if those help rather than buying up really expensive high end foundations.  There's no down side to hydrating products, whereas you could end up with a drawer full of designer makeup that won't work on your skin.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing