cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Gym Skincare Routiine

Hi!

I wanted to know everyone's gym skincare routine in detail. My skin is very acne-prone and tends to break out if I don't wash it first thing in the morning. Please let me know how to implement my skincare before or after my workout routine.  

Re: Gym Skincare Routiine

Hi @kizaaa ! tl;dr: micellar water might become your best friend. 🙂 

What time of day do you normally exercise: morning, afternoon, or evening? Asking because I find afternoon workouts harder to deal with, skincare wise, than morning and evening workouts. 

I usually exercise at night, so I simply hold off doing my PM skincare routine til after my workout. I’m also a nighttime shower person, so it’s easy to just get my workout in before hopping in the shower to wash my face and rest of my body. If I wore makeup that day, I remove most of it with micellar water and apply moisturizer before my PM workout. (I dont like exercising while wearing makeup, aside from brow pencil.) 

Were I a morning workout person, I’d do the same thing: workout first, then skincare (and shower, if I was an AM shower person) afterward. If my AM workouts were away from home (at a gym, or perhaps a morning run outdoors), Id just wipe my face down at home with a wet plush microfiber cloth or perhaps micellar water, apply a moisturizing sunscreen, and be on my merry way. Then Id do my AM skincare routine after my workout. I kinda assume your workouts happen in the morning? You could try wiping your face first thing in the morning (pre-workout) with Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micellar Water or something similar, then apply moisturizer and/or sunscreen; do your workout; then wash your face as you normally would and do your usual AM skincare routine. 

Afternoon workouts throw a small wrench into my skincare routine. As temperatures warm up, I sometimes do afternoon outdoor runs—several hours after my AM skincare routine’s been done. My mostly-dry combo skin throws tantrums if I wash it too often each day. Micellar water to the rescue again! As long as the product is fairly gentle, I can wipe away any makeup pre-workout, then wipe my whole face post-workout to remove sweat and bacteria and apply a moisturizer and/or sunscreen for the rest of the day. 

So if I was working out in the morning, I would not wash my face at all and than just do my full morning afterwards. I would wash with water and then spf if I was going out and not exercising in my home. And just follow with my regular routine. 

Double Cleanse #The INKEY List Oat Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

#TULA Skincare Mini The Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Serum

#The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 

Moisturize

#Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 0.85 oz/ 25 mL 

SPF

#Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL

But these are for my skin type,  I am not acne prone, they might not be suited for you,  just to give you an idea of my am/after exercise routine

@kizaaa I have combo skin more on the dry side and before I work out I put on my daily skincare and then sunscreen before I go.  If I need to shower then I just follow up with my day or night skincare routine afterwards.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing