Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

This thread is closed. Thanks for getting clinical with Dermalogica.

Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg

Dermalogica is a clinical skincare brand with a mission to put your skin health first. By creating effective, skin-friendly formulas Dermalogica’s products work to treat your unique concerns and help you reach your skincare goals.

Knowing how many skincare enthusiasts we have in the community, we thought many of you would love to get personalized advice and chat with the experts behind the brand. This thread will serve as a place to ask all of your skincare questions directly from the experts. 

Dermalogica will be checking this thread from Tuesday, 4/2, to Friday, 4/5, chatting and offering advice for all your skincare concerns, from adult acne and sensitive skin to anti-aging and uneven skin tone. Feel free to post photos, share your skin type, and even your skincare routine so they can give you the best advice possible.

Let’s get clinical!

RE: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

Hey I used to have the smoothest glassiest skin now I’m in a constant cycle of huge break outs and cyst that just don’t pop I know I’m not supposed to pop just can’t help myself any recs ? I’m currently on Clindamycin don’t think it’s really working I’ve been on it for around 5 weeks now

I would recommend biweekly facials! Some acne is just deep under the skin and needs professional help to clear! After things settle down go for monthly facials, they’re worth every penyAlso invest in some Korean skin care such as CORX brands. They have amazing toners and spot treatments! Even pimple stickers to reduce and protect your acne. you can buy it at YesStyle.com and here’s a code 💕HJVGKA 💕to save some money !

This isn’t a personal question but I’m just curious if medical grade skincare is better than over the counter skincare

It would depend on why you are using it. “Medical” being what exactly? If your doctor has asked you to use certain products I would probably follow that. 🤓
Anonymous Insider

Re: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

Im not exactly sure how to explain my skin problems.. i think i may have a little redness issue around my nose and also think i may have a little issue with my skin tone being uneven in places and every now and then i get acne in certain areas usualy the most ridiculous places between my eyes, nose top lip etc also i have the worst dark circles...which is my biggest issue what products do you recommend for these issues but most importantly what for reducing major dark circles and fixing uneven skin tone??

RE: Re: Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

I would recommend biweekly facials! Some acne is just deep under the skin and needs professional help to clear! After things settle down go for monthly facials, they’re worth every penny. Also invest in some Korean skin care such as CORX brands. They have amazing toners and spot treatments! Even pimple stickers to reduce and protect your acne. you can buy it at YesStyle.com and here’s a code 💕HJVGKA 💕to save some money when you do.

Hi @dermalogica and thanks for joining us this week!

I have been battling hormonal acne for a few years now and ended up caving and going on antibiotics. Knowing I cannot rely on this forever, what do you recommend for spot treatment both when I feel a pimple coming and when I am dealing with a white head? Would also love to hear any tips you can share as I try to fade a lot of scarring on my cheeks and chin. 

Also, what would you say is a good product for preventative aging? I'm starting to notice a few fine lines and my foundation building up in those lines. 

Thanks again!!

Katie

I would recommend biweekly facials! Some acne is just deep under the skin and needs professional help to clear! After things settle down go for monthly facials, they’re worth every penny. Also invest in some Korean skin care such as CORX you can buy it at YesStyle.com and here’s a code HJVGKA to save some money when you do

Hi @KatieBT

Hormonal acne can be tough. Since this is an internal imbalance this is actually one of the hardest conditions to treat. In other words until the trigger (in this case the hormones) become balanced, the acne can continue to re-occur. Luckily, we have our DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster that clears breakouts fast. You can use this am+pm as needed. This fast acting booster is formulated with Salicylic Acid, and helps combat breakout causing bacteria. Our patented TT Technology and Phytoplankton Extract work with your skin's natural microbiome and helps prevent over-drying. 

As for your aging concerns, sometimes those fine lines can be do to dehydration. Check out our Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLthat targets dehydration for the fine lines, brightening for the scarring you have from the breakouts and defense for your skin.  

This formula features 5% lactic acid along with two of the most stable forms of vitamin c, so you get the added benefit of the antioxidant ! 

Cheers to healthy skin!

Anonymous Insider

I need serious blackhead help. Every time I think I've found something that helps, they immediately pop up again. I have them all over my face including my cheeks, brows, chin, forehead, and(a lot) on my nose. Do you have an products or advice to help?

I would recommend biweekly facials! Some acne is just deep under the skin and needs professional help to clear! After things settle down go for monthly facials, they’re worth every penny. Also invest in some Korean skin care such as CORX brands. They have amazing toners and spot treatments! Even pimple stickers to reduce and protect your acne. you can buy it at YesStyle.com and here’s a code 💕HJVGKA 💕to save some money when you do.

Thank You for your question @purplesushi6. Blackheads are a common problem with a lot of people so we definitely understand your concern!  Our DERMALOGICA - Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask  is a unique mask that has an active fizzing formula to effectively targets blackheads. Technology activates upon application, helping to open pores, decongest your skin and facilitate blackhead clearing.  

It can be used 2-3 times per week.  To complete your regimen please note that our 

Clear Start™ line is tough on breakouts, gentle on your skin with  potent active ingredients and naturally gentle botanicals  that help you achieve your clearest, healthiest skin ever.

It is also cruelty-free, gluten-free and vegan. Formulated without artificial fragrances or colors. 

I'm worried about using products while pregnant.  Can I use any of these products?

Congratulations @LMichelle101814,

We always recommend consulting your physician but, generally, the only ingredient not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding is high levels of retinol and salicylic acid. Currently the only products you would need to avoid are Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. You can find a complete ingredient list on each product page if you would like to learn more or check with your doctor.

Hi I have been using the dermalogica barrier defense booster daily since Novemember and I LOVE it! I still however have constantly dry and peeling spots on my forehead and nose. The apples of my cheeks are also dry but not peeling. Using a chemical exfoliant does not seem to make a difference. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Thanks @Tanya56,

Your skin might be dehydrated, which means lacking water, as well as lacking oil. Try a milkier targeted treatment under a moisturizer like Dermalogica Ultracalming Serum Concentrate 1.3 oz/ 40 mL, this ultra-soothing serum combines both water and oil-loving ingredients to soothe sensitivity and lock in hydration.

Cheers to healthy skin,

Dermalogica

Get Your Personalized Skincare Consultation from Dermalogica

I have oily but dehydrated skin and occasionally have acnes too. however when the acnes are gone, they leave behind dark spots (as shown in the picture). what would you recommend to get rid of these spots?

Anonymous Insider

Snail Mucin Products really help get rid of dark spots. A lot of Korean skincare brands have selections, I would look into options from CORSX

I'd recommend the Dermalogica PowerBright TRx line to brighten up those spots and to create a more even complexion 

Hi @Annie1802,

When dealing with breakouts it's important to balance ingredients that target the bacteria but also speed healing and prevent what is known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, AKA scarring. DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Boostercombines targeted ingredients to combat the bacteria that causes breakouts but also balance your skin's healthy microbiome so breakouts heal faster with less pigmentation afterward. For scarring that you already have, we love Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74gwith gentle rice bran that naturally brightens and Dermalogica BioLumin-C Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLthat evens melanin production while also firming and defending!

124 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Dermalogical_LetsGetClinical.jpg
  • 9DF5D5FC-2723-4D3F-A8E9-5D80C2F4F075.jpeg
  • 20190402_193023.jpg
  • No makeup, just sunscreen. Hyperpigmentation and dehydrated
  • image.jpg
testing