Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Favourite Acne Daily All Over Face Treatment?

Ever since I got off birth control, I've started to get some serious acne. Having gone through high school & university with the clearest skin ever, I'm having some issues trying to control it & deal with my new found 'flaws'. 

My current routine uses

- fresh sugar face polish (or st.ives whatever i grab first)

- fab face cleanser (only cleanser that doesn't dry me out)

- darphin toner  loved the chamomile one, trying the banana flower currently but not a huge fan, will be going back to the chamomile)

- various serums - i have tried so many its hard to list, the current ones I'm looking into trying are Boscia clear complexion treatment or the juice beauty blemish clearing serum.

Has anybody with hormonal acne, with a side of non stop blackheads (all over my forehead, and around my mouth and all over my chin) white bumps that don't seem to disappear no matter what i do, had any luck with anything? Ideally looking for a night serum, but bonus points if i can apply it day & night & get quicker results. 

I always follow with a moisturizer, have been liking the fresh lotus youth preserve. 

Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Favourite Acne Daily All Over Face Treatment?

Try Sunday Riley's collection of acne products! The UFO face oil is made for acne and you can use it day and night. The small bottle lasts forever! And also their Saturn face mask I use a couple times a week and it really helps! Also, for a spot treatment, I use Kate Somerville's EradiKate the night before when I have a nasty pimple start to come up and it shrinks it down significantly! Trust me, I've been fighting this battle for a long time. Although if none of this helps I would recommend seeing a dermatologist. 

RE: Favourite Acne Daily All Over Face Treatment?

Sadly enough, for most of my major acne issues I went to my dermatologist 😔, the only routine that has helped me is proactive with some added treatments and creams from Sephora, personal fave is dr brandts skincare line

@ehickling I definitely think BHA can help you out.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  Good luck!!!

@ehickling I love fresh lotus youth preserve!

Retinoids and chemical exfoliation is what helped me the most. I used retin a, but there are a lot of retinoids you can get without a prescription that work well.

I also like lactic acid for exfoliation, but since you have blackheads as well, salicylic acid might work better for you

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing