cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

FAB skincare steps??

Hi! 

I only use first aid beauty skincare because it’s the only thing my skin tolerates. I just added some new products so need help with the steps to put them on (both AM and PM) please.  Below list is all of their products I have, including ones I already use and new ones I just got:

-pure skin deep cleanser with clay

-rescue daily face cream 

-facial radiance niacinamide serum 

-white clay acne treatment pads

-their retinol product 

-resurfacing liquid with AHAs 

I am HORRIBLE with skin care and would really like to figure it out soon as my wedding is in may (sadly just parents and brothers family due to covid). 

thank you !

Tags:

Re: FAB skincare steps??

Hi! Thank you for your long and thoughtful reply. 

For the past year I have been using their normal cleanser, normal moisturizer lotion and the retinol and the normal toner pads.  I was using the hydrating serum as well but it was breaking me out and causing oil. I always wear a daily sunscreen.  I’ve used AHAs and BHAs before as well.  

i think I’m most curious about the serum, the resurfacing product, and retinol and how they can be used.  Right now I do retinol every other day. When should I use the AHA? And when should I use the serum? I hope that makes sense!

Re: FAB skincare steps??

You've got a lot of active products going on there, @ktktmjones. What's your experience with retinol, AHA, and BHA? If any of those are new to you, you're going to want to go very slowly in introducing them. Also, I don't see a sunscreen listed? If you're using retinol and AHA, a sunscreen is an absolute must, otherwise you could damage your skin. 

Also, that red clay cleanser may be too drying to use daily. You may want to consider getting the First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser to use most days and then work in the red clay cleanser a couple days a week. I see you've got a moisturizer going and the niacinamide should be ok with the other products and can be used daily (always depending on how your skin reacts of course). So that leaves the BHA pads, the AHA serum, and the retinol. Those I would NOT recommend using together in the same routine. And depending on how sensitive your skin is, I wouldn't jump to using them every night either. I'd pick one (depending on your skin issues) and start with that one first. For example, if you're concerned about acne, I'd pick the BHA clay pads to start and work those in slowly maybe two or three times a week. Then after a couple of weeks, possibly start working in the retinol or the AHA. You want to move slowly on those so you don't accidentally overexfoliate though. 

In general your a.m. and p.m. routines would look something like this:

a.m.

-cleanse (either with the pure cleanser or just water)

-niacinamide (or you could use this at night, but it is supposed to help with oil control during the day, if that's an issue for you)

-moisturizer

-sunscreen

p.m.

-cleanse (pure cleanser 5x/week, clay cleanser 2x/week)

-treatment (either the BHA, AHA, or retinol), 2x or 3x a week

-moisturizer

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing