Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Expensive Skin Oils- Farsali. Is it worth it?

One of the biggest excitements of 2016 in Sephora Skin Care has to be given to the company Farsali. It is a couple's business that specializes in skincare products including elixirs. Their Volcanic Elixir is ideal for nighttime wear; It has a thicker consistency and has a nutty, earthy scent. Farsali's Rose Gold Elixir, the 24k gold infused beauty oil, is an iconic and collectible skin care item, especially considering it's debut with many other items that were deemed "rose gold" (iPhone, Jewelry, etc.) Last, but certainly not least, is their newest serum, Unicorn Essence. It is light, non-oily, and has a beautiful pink tone saturated with sparkle. When applied, it feels cool and dries slightly sticky. This texture is perfect for priming your skin for makeup. It is my favorite of the three. It was originally marketed as "Unicorn Tears", but brand owner, Sal Ali, had to change the name due to copyright. Another company had already taken the name Unicorn Tears (but really, what company hasn't jumped on the unicorn bandwagon.) Farsali's name came about with the melding of Sal's name with his wife/beauty blogger, Farah Dhukai. At $50 for 1 fl.oz of product, this certainly is labeled 'high end'. While there are many dupes and alternatives to these products, I would advise any makeup/skincare lover to buy Unicorn Essence. The smell is incredible, and it serves as one of my favorite primers. LOVE IT. As for the other two, I would take them or leave them. They certainly aren't something incredible, besides the aspect of gold flakes suspended in pumpkin and rosehip oil. Thank you for reading!! 

RE: Expensive Skin Oils- Farsali. Is it worth it?

Thank you for this review... I have contemplating this product for a while... I will now move forward with the unicorn Tears
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing