Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Eczema and Eyeshadows

Ok guys, I get eyelid eczema occasionally. When I get a flair up, I have dermatologist scripts to take of that, however, I have noticed some eyeshadows/palettes will actually cause the flair ups. I have searched ingredients that cause it but I was hoping there is some suggestions you guys have so I dont have to read thousands of ingredients. Kat Von D light and shade works but its very basic colors. I have Nars - Voageur mini, Tartist Mini Pro that also don't trigger a flair. So, Im limited to those colors unless you guys have some palettes to recommend. 

Eyeshadow that have worked for me:

KVD - shade and light

Nars - Voageur mini

Tarte - Tariest Pro

Palettes that I narrowed down to cause flair ups:

Bobbi Brown palette from Nordstrom

Anastacia Modern Renaissance 

Any super glittery eyeshadow!

Re: Eczema and Eyeshadows

@estycrystal  Have you ever tried cream eyeshadows? I use RMS BEAUTY - Eye Polish and it’s really nice when my eyes are on the dry side. It’s also formulated without irritant products. I also have been using LAWLESS The One Talc-Free Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.05 oz/ 1.4 g and LAWLESS Mini The Little One Talc-Free Eyeshadow Palette I really like them as well. They are also clean makeup. I’m sure there’s an ingredient in those that are causing your issue but it could be like finding a needle in a haystack to pick out which one it is. There’s tons of clean makeup brands out there. Those might be your best bet until you can find the trigger Ingredient. 
Here’s some clean makeup eyeshadow palettes:

ILIA The Necessary Eyeshadow Palette Warm Nude

AETHER BEAUTY - Amethyst Crystal Gemstone Eyeshadow Palette-this brand has a bunch of palettes 

ROEN BEAUTY - 75° Warm Eye Shadow Palette

ANTONYM - Certified Organic Highlighter- this brand has eyeshadow palette too but won’t let me tag it. 

RE: Re: Eczema and Eyeshadows

Thanks so much for your recommendations. I will definitely look into them. And you’re completely right it’s like a needle in a haystack to see what the issue is. Looking forward to buying knew palettes now, my poor credit card. Hah! Have a wonderful week!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing