Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry skin

Lately I've been having super dry skin all up on my nose and I don't know what to do anymore I've been drinking a lot of water and try face peels and honey and oil. And I use black African soap which sweets to work but I don't know still feels dry..  Does anyone know anything else I could try? Any moisturizers ? 

RE: Dry skin

Try a water based moisturizer

Re: Dry skin

I have the same problem. Dry, flaky skin on my nose, under my eyes and on my chin. I have had this for over a year (living in Canada with the unforgiving winter doesn't help.) Here is my routine and only now have I seen a difference in my skin (since end of June). Fair warning, this routine is expensive but worth it.

1) in the beginning I would exfoliate 2x per week. I used Fresh soy exfoliate.

2) try to use the same brand cleanser. I use Fresh soy cleanser every day (dime size) 

3) pat dry your face, give it a minute to cool down. 

4) apply hydrating serum. I used First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum. I used to apply this everyday. Now I apply at least 1x a week or I just listen to my skin, if it needs more I apply more. 

5) follow hydrating serum with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration. I use this on a daily basis, leaves my skin looking dewy but not oily. 

Hope this helps!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Dry skin

I have a lot of dry skin problems as well. I would suggest using a lot of oatmeal on your face. There are many different ways to make face masks with oatmeal, I think the best thing for dry skin is to blender the oatmeal untill it is a fine powder and put either coconut oil, honey, or olive oil (or all!) together untill it feels like a good texture to apply. And than just leave it on for however longer you want. Another thing you can do is instead of using makeupremover use olive oil or coconut oil. Some makeup remover can be harmful and it's better to use products where you know all of the ingredients. If you are having problems with your foundation being cakey or flaking off due to dry skin, I would sugests two face's hangover primer. It works wonders! Good luck

Re: Dry skin

I use the African black soap and it always makes my skin dry. The belif aqua bomb is good or if you want to go cheaper the aveeno ultra calming moisturizer is good even the ponds blue moisturizer is soooo good ! 

Moisturizer does not hydrate the skin. What I suggest is...

Moisturizer does not hydrate the skin. What I suggest is using a hydrator which goes into the skin and after that soaks in then you should use a moisturizer, because a moisturizer only locks in the moisture that is already in/on the skin if you dont use a hydrator you're not really doing much. Also skincare products are only good for outside moisture you still need to drink plenty of water throughout the day. The hydrator I use currently is the Neutrogena water gel, i have combonation skin just fyi, but they also make one for extra dry skin too.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing