Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Drunk Elephant

Is Drunk Elephant worth the splurge? I am starting out in skincare and it seems to be a super hyped up and good brand... is it worth it and if so, what products?

Re: Drunk Elephant

I went through a big DE phase in college, then fell out of it, and am recently falling back in love. For context, I am 24, have combo skin depending on the weather, and have hormonal acne problems. My main goal with skincare is trying to get my clogged pores/hormonal breakouts under control, and to prevent any from happening which can be hard. I used to use Face Reality from my esthetician, but it's also expensive and hard to get. I recently started introducing DE products in one by one, and have had a wonderful reaction. 

If you have sensitive skin, I'd recommend stopping all other skincare, and introducing the DE products a little at a time (the Little could be a great investment). I love the Glycolic night serum - this has always been great at resurfacing my skin, providing exfoliation and clearing up clogged pores. Their B-Hydra is great, too, and I just bought their Protini and love it so far. If you can afford the investment, I'd go for it!! I've been so happy with my purchases and can't stop raving about the philosophy of the company, and their belief behind skincare

Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

The one I used--i think it was too strong for my skin. I broke out and also got sensitive skin during this time. It could just be me or that it was winter. I stopped using it so cant say for sure. My friend uses DE and has seen amazing results. This is what i used:  DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

@MahikaS I love Drunk Elephant. It is definitely worth it for me. My skin looks so much better and I rarely have breakouts anymore. I absolutely love that they come in pump containers. My favorites are the C-firma, B-hydra, and Framboos serums. Protini and lala moisturizers, Shaba eye serum and a passioni retinol. I also use the Beste and slaii cleansers, marula oil, c- tango eye cream and baby facial they are also great but I would be willing to try other cheaper alternatives. I definitely recommend trying the littles set to see if it works for you. 

@faeriegirl Yeah the pumps are a huge bonus especially since so many ingredients oxidize

@MahikaS I really likDE products and I have a couple in my lineup, but generally I find there are other (frequently cheaper) products that work just as well. Something to seriously consider is that many of the products contain coconut products and marula oil, which can cause acne/serious breakouts for some people. I do have combo skin which is acne prone/ hormonal acne prone and thankfully I have not had a reaction (I use the retinol and the B-Hydra, but I am also considering the protini). If it's something you're concerned about, I would consider getting a sample of whatever it is you are looking at.

The products I would say don't seem to have an analog are the B-Hydra and the Protini. There are other moisturizing serums, obviously, but I like to mix it with other products and most others I've tried are too thin and soak in too fast to give time to mix other products I'm trying to dilute. If you only need the moisture then you can pass and find something cheaper. B-hydra is also one of the products with coconut oil. The protini is like a super thick/rich gel moisturizer and I have never seen anything like it. It really provides firmness and bounce to your skin. If you're younger/that isn't important to you then I would say you can skip that too. The balm is interesting, but I already have an oil cleanser and a exfoliating/glycolic serum. So while that's different too, it's a pass for me personallly- but just like I use the B-hydra for a specific purpose I'm sure the balm is perfect for some people who have a different skincare approach/lineup

It's a decent brand that works for a lot of people, @MahikaS. Of course, like any brand, some products are great and some aren't. Which ones you might want to try depends heavily on your skin type and what issues you want to target. And also if you have any current products or routine or if you're starting completely from scratch. 

@MahikaS I love DE. Below are the products I think are worth it for my skin. I’d also recommend the littles to try it. Some of their products, particularly eye cream/serum, do not work well with my skin so the littles are good to help you figure out what works and what doesn’t. 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

@MahikaS I love Drunk Elephant. You have to see if it is compatible with your skin. I would suggest getting samples first and then maybe get the DRUNK ELEPHANT - The Littles™

I love and use DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mLDrunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing