Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant PM Routine

I have been using the Drunk Elephant Minis set and love the quick changes that I have seen. I have also tried their A-Passioni Retinol Cream. I am wondering if T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Treatment works with A-Passioni or when to use one vs. the other? Or can one replace the other? Are they doing the same thing?

Thanks! ❤

Re: Drunk Elephant PM Routine

@ellade don't use them together, the night serum and retinol, use on seperate days and ease into usage. See the retinol thread as well

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Retinol-Products-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/4573197 

They do different things, retinol is more for cell turnover and collagen production. Acids unclog the skin, get rid of the 'glue', some like BHA/salicylic acid can penetrate oil better.

Hey there! I am currently also using their retinol and I would say do not use an aha at least on the first month of retinol usage. If after a month ur skin is well adjusted and not sensitive u have options. You can use both at night using an aha waiting thrity minutes and then a retinol. Or you can use AHA's in the am and retinol in the pm, or u can just stick to a weekly sukari babyfacial which in my opinion with a retinol is all you need. The retinol is already turning over new skin cells and producing collagen to give you a fresh new layer of skin which is really all you need. Plus in my opinion the retinol works better than the aha serum, as well as faster.

@ab0s  and @RNGesusPls  fyi The glycolic serum is not just AHA, contains salicylic acid (same with the babyfacial). My derm said not to use SA with retinol, I'm using prescription though. Too many types of exfoliation can overdo it.

Correct! Prescription retinoid meds are stronger than the retinol used in skincare and are at a higher risk of over-exfoliation.. 

Right, but you still need to be careful with otc combining. It's not a guarantee irritation is minimal.

Yup, there's always a risk!

Retinol and AHA if paired together can work faster! They each work differently. Just best to avoid using them together when you're starting out @ellade 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing