cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drop your skin care routine!!!

Tell me step by step what you do in your routine and what products you use 🙂

RE: Re: RE: Drop your skin care routine!!!

Lol yes it is like scented water but I find it helps brighten my skin a bit. I sometimes even use it as a cleansing water.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Drop your skin care routine!!!

Good to know, @Rosyrow, thanks!

I have very bad cystic acne, hyper-pigmentation, blackheads, pitted scars, sensitive, and very oily/dry combination skin. So far I have been switching out my skincare routine and have found a few things that have helped! Be warned, I have a 7-9 step skin care routine 1) REMOVE - Japanese Biorè (not the American brand) makeup remover wipes - gentler on my skin than other makeup removers I've tried 2) CLEANSE - Boscia detoxifying black charcoal cleanser - I can't really tell if this helped all that much because my acne is TOUGH, but I do love the way it feels on my skin 3) CLEANSE - Solo mio silicone sonic face cleanser from Amazon. it's way cheaper than the luna ones at Sephora and I honestly think work just as well. Start with gentler modes. I think this has generally helped give my skin a deeper clean, especially because I wear foundation every day 4) MOISTURIZE - Rosehip oil from Amazon. This is supposed to help with the pigmentation from my scarring. I think it does help but is minimal. But it's cheap from Amazon, so I still like it 5) MOISTURIZE - Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud serum - THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I've found very few products that I saw immediate results, but THIS does it!! Deeply moisturizes my skin so it's immediately less irritated and doesn't dry out so quickly. It has also helped my peeling and redness. 6) EXFOLIATE - Herbivore prism exfoliating glow potion - this is the ONLY exfoliator that I can use with my sensitive skin. I am constantly battling acne so whenever I have treated any acne on a part of my skin I ALWAYS use this potion. This prevents peeling and quickens my skin's recovery. My foundation has gone on so much smoother ever since I started using this and my acne scars fade faster. 7) TREAT - Kate Somerville Eradikate. THIS is the only thing my acne bows to. I've battled acne for 13 years with various dermatologists. Beware though, it's STRONG. If you don't have deep, cystic, stubborn acne I'd actually recommend a lighter treatment (see 8). 😎 TREAT - Treeactiv cystic acne treatment from Amazon. I use this to treat my less deep acne. It's much more mild and doesn't work as effectively (Eradikate literally annihilates the pimple), but it's a lot gentler on skin 9) EXTRA MOISTURE - Derma Korean Collagen Essence Facial Mask Sheets from Amazon. These sheets are dirt cheap ($.5-$1 a sheet!!!). They're not miracle workers, but I like to use them periodically when my skin is slightly more irritated or dry. Extra tips: SPF, SPF, SPF If you're not reapplying SPF every two hours, you don't have any sun protection as soon as two hours is up (told by my sister dermatologist). This causes redness, aging, and pigmentation. You can half your skin care simply by reapplying SPF. NEVER dry your face with a towel!!! Dry with paper towels. If you're drying with towels wash them FREQUENTLY and THOROUGHLY in HOT HOT water DITCH THE DRYER SHEETS! These have made my face break out. I started ditching them for my pillowcase and I noticed a difference. Now I don't use any dryer sheets whatsoever and have noticed a change in my back-ne.

I have been using cellcosmet cleanser, activator, toner and ultra concentrated night cream for the past 2 years. However needed to find something less expensive and wanted to try some of these new products that have various acids and anti aging elements. Right now I am using Dr Dennis Gross AHA/BHA cleansing oil and universal peel pads daily. Then alternating between Dr Dennis Gross ferulic and retinol overnight serum and night cream and Sunday Riley Luna oil and Good Gene's. using Indi Lee banish stick on any blemishes and alternating weekly with Indie Lee clarifying mask and Drunk Elephant baby facial.

I have super oily skin that's also really sensitive and I used to do THE MOST, until I realised it wasn't doing much for my skin, which remained rough, so I've since seriously simplified it (in order): Morning- FABacne clearing charcoal cleanser w 2% salicylic acid, Simple Kind to Skin Facial toner, Cetaphil oil control moisturiser spf 30. Night- Simple Kind to Skin foaming cleanser using an exfoliating glove, same toner, elf hydrating water essence, The Ordinary retinoid emulsion. I stopped using scrubs since I use a glove every night, and I use masks once in a while. My skin's been doing great!

Re: Drop your skin care routine!!!

For the morning I like B-Hydra mixed with D-Bronzi, and Umbra layered on top. 

For the evening I cleanse with Jelly no. 9 cleanser, use a drop of Marula oil to massage around my eye areas, and then mix Framboos with Marula and Lala retro cream and press or gently massage into my skin (depending on how lazy I feel). I finish off with Lippe

On Wednesday’s I also use an Alpha Beta peel treatment after cleansing, and on Sunday’s I use Babyfacial

I’ve really liked using the Tatcha Camilla oil cleanser before going in with the Jelly cleanser on days that I wear a lot of makeup to really help break it up. 

ECB0CB55-451F-48FB-990C-8F82EE0A7B0B.jpeg 

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Umbra™ Sheer Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 

Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum 

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream 

Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm 0.13 oz/ 3.8 g 

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Mini Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 5 Treatments 

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

This is such a lovely and luxe skincare routine @bakeamuffin! 😍 Your skin always looks amazing so this is definitely working for you! 💕 

Thank you @itsfi! 😄 I recently started to Incorporate that C-Firma as well, so far so good!! 

I never thought I’d be someone with luxe skincare, but my skin has been picky and nothing has compared to the DE products ☺️❤️❤️

It can be hard enough to find one product that works well for our skin, so if you find a line of them that works for your skin, go for it, girl!! ♥️☺️ Your routine is definitely working for you! 👌🏼👍🏼😃 💕 @bakeamuffin

RE: Drop your skin care routine!!!

My skin is dry but with this routine it’s normalizing!!! Cleansing: In the morning I just splash water on my face because I’ve found cleansing in the morning is pretty harsh on my skin when I don’t anything on. At the end of the day, I use Farmacy Green Clean cleansing balm or Simple wipes if I’m too lazy to deal with an oil cleanser. Then I double cleanse with either DE Jelly Cleanser or the Fresh Soy Cleanser. Exfoliating: I use Drunk Elephant babyfacial three times a week. Toner: Origins Mega-Mushroom Treatment Lotion. I just added this and it’s nearing holy grail status for redness and dry patches. Face oil: In the morning I use Youth To The People hydrate and glow and at night I use the Korres Wild Rose 15% Vitamin C serum or Drunk Elephant Marula. Moisturizer: For both day and night I alternate between Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro and Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream. The YTTP is my fav right now though! Face masks: Ren EverCalm Ultra Comforting Rescue, Fresh Rose Mask, Origins DrinkUp Intensive. Not from Sephora, but I love Lush’s Oatifix. Sheetmasks I’ll pretty much use anything labeled hydrating. I love the Dr. Jart rubber masks and Tatcha’s Luminous Dewy Skin (this one has so much serum you can do a double treatment without the actual mask the next day or whenever).

Re: RE: Drop your skin care routine!!!

I have very dry skin, and use about 80% of the same products as you mentioned, @akathleeen. ❤️❤️❤️ the YTTP moisturizer for my AM routine as well-it’s like a protective cloud for my skin☺️

RE: Re: RE: Drop your skin care routine!!!

Yay for similar routines ❤️ I just love what YTTP is doing to my skin!!! It’s never been so hydrated or clear

Hi, @ecmca.

Definitely check out the long-standing Daily Skincare - what are you using? thread! It's where many fellow community members have shared their skincare routines. I'll link it for you below! 🙂

Daily Skincare - what are you using?: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Daily-Skincare-what-are-you-using/m-p/2343211

Here are my go to products for dry skin that I use everyday:

Origins frothy face wash and I add the Origins Ginzeng scrub 3 times a week, Fresh Rose Hydration Toner, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Leanne Grace Beauty oil for day and The ordinary Rose Hip Oil at night, Kiehls daily concentrate for day and midnight recovery concentrate at night, Drunk Elephant Vitamin C serum for day, J.One Firming serum, Tatcha overnight concentrate at night, Tatcha eye cream , Tatca renewal cream at night and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration cream for day (I like to mix Coola SPF drops into the moisturizer for extra sun protection).  To seal in everything and to add more hydration I like adding Youth To the People Glow Oil.  I have had a lot of trial and error with my skin and all these products have helped my skin.

For extra hydration mix in a beauty oil into your foundation.  It's a game changer.

Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • ECB0CB55-451F-48FB-990C-8F82EE0A7B0B.jpeg
  • F74469ED-BBCC-4888-8C1A-D7B1B349BA74.jpeg
  • 045993FF-8458-41EF-AC84-D11CB8A6E655.jpeg
  • The Foreo has replaced my Clarisonic Mia 2
  • skincare.jpg
  • C50A00D6-B30E-42CC-995C-94BC06C6C5B3.jpeg
  • 98F30BD5-6B51-452B-8AF3-1E898F4291B2.jpeg
  • 4E52E723-0D54-4343-A668-DC0C573C14D1.jpeg
  • IMG_1115.jpg
  • IMG_1109.jpg