cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dark shadow

image.jpg

I have had a problem with my dark mustache shadow since I was pregnant. I have waxed and it’s still dark! Idk what to do someone please tell me a good product to get ride of this so I don’t have to spend a fortune to be rid of this insecurity 

Re: Dark shadow

Hello! I see you've got some discoloration around your mouth, this isn't actually uncommon, and there's lots of potential causes.

Hyperpigmentation is generally caused by inflammation, so I'd avoid any further waxing. I can't see much in the way of hair, but if hair is an issue then you're better off using something like SEPHORA COLLECTION Metal Facial Razor to remove it. The usual remedy for hyperpigmentation is hydroquinone, which you may need to talk about with a dermatologist or a doctor in order to get, but it is more effective than anything else.

Vitamin C, AHAs, and niacinimide can all help to a degree but they're mostly preventative. Hydroquinone is definitely your best bet. You might also want to meet with a dermatologist at least once or twice to get advice from a professional who can see your skin up close and potentially recommend procedures that will help as well.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • image.jpg
testing