cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dark Circles

Hello! 👋🏼

I’m new here but I’m looking for a product to help me with genetic dark circles. I need a product that clarifies my dark circles and moisturize. Does someone experience the same thing as me and have found a product that actually works?.

I hope someone can help me with these, thank you in advanced!

Re: Dark Circles

Hi @Vanc16 and welcome to BIC! Unfortunately, no over-the-counter skincare product can help genetic dark circles. You can ask a board certified dermatologist or primary care doctor for treatment options. 

Plenty of OTC products can moisturize your undereye skin, including your usual full face moisturizer. My undereyes are usually the driest skin on my face. I make sure my whole face is damp (not dripping wet) before applying moisturizer anywhere, to help seal in hydration. If my usual full face moisturizer (CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion) isn’t doing enough for my undereyes, I apply a thin layer of petrolatum balm: either Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment, but some folks use Vaseline for this. Petrolatum’s the most occlusive (water loss preventing) skincare ingredient on the market; it keeps my skin moisturized all day. 

Sometimes in the winter, I layer The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL under my moisturizer(s). That’s especially nice under my eyes. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing