Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Cleanser Questions - cleanser needs an update.

Hello lovelies,

I've been rotating through a couple cleansers and am looking for suggestions. My go-to has been Origins Checks and Balances for a bit now, but it's just gotten a bit too drying, which makes my face overproduce oil. I've also tried the Fresh soy face cleanser, but it felt like it wasn't actually cleansing my face. What's a good middle ground? I've also been doing lots of research on Korean double cleansing. Would I actually benefit very much from this since I pretty much never wear makeup, and if I add an oil-based cleanser to my routine, could I probably get away with using the cleanser I'm using now, even though it's a bit drying?

For context, I'm a 20 y/o male with combination/oily skin.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Cleanser Questions - cleanser needs an update.

@Ryanbg Have you tried FAB Face Cleanser?  I love it!

Re: Cleanser Questions - cleanser needs an update.

Hey @Ryanbg, try a gel/milk cleanser. Since you don't wear makeup (I believe you posted this in another post) double cleansing might not be for you. If you wear Sunblock you can benefit from it as sunblock is designed to cling to your skin so a double cleanse will help get it all of and help any skincare you follow up with absorb properly. As for a morning and/or second cleanse I would try a jelly/milk cleanser. Nothing foaming, preferably without alcohol. Your skin shouldn't feel tight after you wash your face. Some cleansers I like include Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser (Just opened my second bottle), YTTP Superfood Cleanser and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser.

https://www.sephora.com/product/superfood-face-wash-P428627?country_switch=ca

https://www.sephora.com/product/exfolikate-cleanser-daily-foaming-wash-P404322?icid2=:p404322:produc...

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing