Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Clarisonic fail, now seeking advice.

I purchased the Mia2 Clarisonic cleanser based on all the great reviews for helping with cleansing pores. The whole idea of it made sense to me... vibrating head for a deeper cleanse. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, every other day as recommended, with a sensitive brush and it has actually broken capillaries on my face. My face has never looked so red and broken. This has never really been a problem for me. Needless to say, I will be returning the product for a refund, and will be looking for a new skin care routine. 

My issues include large clogged pores on my nose, sensitive skin, and now redness and broken capillaries. I do not wear makeup (mascara only) so don't have any concerns with primers and such. Just need some good suggestions on some products that are going to make me love my skin again.  

Help!!

Re: Clarisonic fail, now seeking advice.

I have super sensitive skin and I LOVE my Clarisonic!  I did find that the sensitive brush head that came with it was a little rough.  Using the delicate and luxe heads worked well, but my favorite is the radiance brush head.  If you're willing to give the Clarisonic another go I would recommend trying those brush heads instead.

If you are totally scarred by your Clarisonic experience, I would recommend trying the Foreo.  I have both the Clarisonic and Foreo Luna Mini, and I love the Foreo for when my skin is a little more damaged or irritated because it is a medical grade silicone as opposed to the brush.  It still gives a good clean but is gentler for most people.  I also use it to apply my serums because it really allows them to penetrate deeper into my skin.

As far as products go, I think that FAB is always a great brand for people with sensitivity.  I have also been loving the PTR Hyaluronic Cloud line (cleanser, moisturizer, serum) because it helps to calm and soothe irritation while providing a good clean and some anti-aging benefits.

Clarisonic fail, now seeking advice.

For white/black heads, I recommend using some gentle chemical exfoliating products: for example, La roche posay K+, Tata Harper resurfacing mask. For red skin, I recommend giving it time to let it heal and only using the most non irritating moisturizer on the problematic part of your skin. Some moisturizers that work for me: SkinCeuticals B5, La roche posay ultra toleraine fluid, REN evercalm mask. Hope this helps!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing